“Very good Hampton”

Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while in area for business, honestly, a little better than I expected.

This is not a brand new property but it's well run and is a good choice. Many positives - quick and easy check-in, Clean/comfortable room, location is good, above average breakfast, more TV channels/choices than most places, renovated bathroom small but nice. Negatives? Not many, rooms a bit smaller than some other Hampton Inns, A/C a little noisier than ideal.

In summary, many times when a property like this gets a little older, it goes down a bit and the appeal diminishes. Not the case here, it's been kept up to date and has great service to complete the deal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Robb_Aaron, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear 96LT4,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Greenville on Woodruff Road I-385 and I-85. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found it exceeded your expectations! Although our property has been here for awhile we still take pride in our property and keep it as up to date as possible. With this philosophy in mind it will come as no suprise the hotel is going to have a total renovation this coming year with new a/c units and upgrading the in room furninshings. We are alway looking for new ways to improve and reviews like yours let us know where we are doing it right and where we can do it better!
Thank you again!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Hampton Inn hotels are our favorites, and there are none better than the one qt 15 Park Woodruff Rd. Very nice room, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, easy access in and out. Convenient location, many good restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Robb_Aaron, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Kristen W,

Thank you for sharing your glowing review of your recent stay! At Hampton Inn Greenville at Woodruff Road and I-385 we strive to make every guest welcome and offer them a hospitable place to stay during there time here in the upstate. The hotels proximity to so many restaurants, shopping, and other businesses makes it an ideal place to stay for business or leisure. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Always clean and has a very friendly staff. Hotel is located near a wide variety of restaurants. Location is very convenient. Hotel has a nice breakfast to choose from. I stay at this hotel every time I visit Greenville.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jamie R.
Thank you for reviewing your stay of the Hampton Inn Greenville at Woodruff Road and I-385. We are glad you found the hotel and surroundings a good place for you and your family to stay on your recent trip to Greenville. The Woodruff road area has a lot to offer to travelers of all types and the Hampton is right there in the heart of it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you the next time you come through the upstate!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was comfortable and the hotel staff was very helpful. The breakfast was good. The location was right in the "heart" of the city and there was plenty of shopping stores and food venues close by.

Dear Dorothy T,

Thank you for sharing your review here on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your time here in Greenville. We hope your travels will bring you back to Hampton Inn Greenville at Woodruff Road and I-385 soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very, very nice. Room was perfect and the staff, including the "breakfast ladies" and housekeeping, were all very friendly and helpful. Best compliment I can give: I slept like a baby. Would recommend to all!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Robb_Aaron, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Nickison,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. The Hampton Cloud 9 bedding is a hallmark of the Hampton brand and we are glad it helped you to sleep "like a baby." All of our staff is here to make sure that we are "a great place to stay" and we hope your travels will bring you back to Hampton Inn Greenville at Woodruff Road and I-385 soon!

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Overall my weekend stay with my wife was very good. We only came in though, after dinner and enjoyed one another's company. The only issue with the room that I did not like was the A/C. It appeared to not cool the room at a significant rate. Everything else was fine and I do look forward to staying at Hampton Inn again. The price was a little on the high end, yet hotels these days are not as low priced as they once were. So relative to modern hotel prices, I will be fair and state that I got my money's worth.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This Hampton inn suited our needs as it was in an excellent location to attend a party. The staff were very accommodating and welcoming. Our room was the typical Hampton inn, clean and comfortable beds and pillows. Breakfast was your typical free fair. Not much room though as I am seeing this in most hotels now. The seating could have been more comfortable as sitting on a sofa to eat near the wall did not fit the table. We were sitting too low. Very uncomfortable! That needs to be changed and add more chairs.

Dear chichiSouthCarolina,
Thank you for taking the time to tell you about your experience at Hampton Inn Greenville at Woodruff Road and I-385. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I just wanted to take a moment and let you know that we are in the process of planning renovations and one of the things we will be adding is more seating to the breakfast area in the coming months. Thank you again for your suggestion and we do hope to see you again soon!

Guest Service Manager