“Wonderful place”

Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Husband and I stayed here during our visit to Greenville for our daughter's graduation from Bob Jones University. They gave us a FanTasTic 'college family' rate that made our week-long stay very affordable. Breakfast was included and had hot items every day. No charge for laundry room too! Its across the highway from a decent shopping mall and restaurants. Highly recommend this Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here 1 night. I have stayed with Hyatt Place hotels before and this one compares well. Light, bright, contemporary overall; knowledgeable staff; quick check-in; clean property overall; very clean and well kept room on 5th floor with view of trees and city. I asked for a quiet room, and got it...away from the elevator. Location is very convenient to shopping of several types and restaurants. I like the bar/snack area downstairs. I would recommend this Hyatt Place to friend and family. I do agree with another traveler that the bed mattress is oddly hard and feels like a bunk mattress but it did not bother me.

Room Tip: I like the view looking toward the city...that should be the south/east side. 5th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This place had the most comfortable beds I've slept on in a while. The rooms were nice and modern and the breakfast was good for being free. We were only in Greenville for one night but the Hyatt made it very pleasurable. All in All I had a great stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times, most recently for my wedding in Greenville. I selected this hotel for our wedding hotel because of the size of the rooms and the price. The rooms are like every other Hyatt Place, clean, large bed in a smaller sleeping area, and a living area divided by a privacy screen that has a large sectional/sleeper, refrigerator, wetbar, and a desk. It was the perfect size for getting ready for my wedding and held all 5 of my bridesmaids, two photographers, my mother, and my godmother at the same time with a little extra room. We also had a bachelorette party in one of the rooms with a full size massage table and seating massage chair with enough space to still dance and have a good time. For the price, you can't beat the space! The breakfast was good, not as good as Embassy Suites but good nonetheless. There were breakfast sandwiches, pastry, bagels, cereal, juice, and several types of fruit. The weekends brought scrambled eggs and sausage instead of the sandwiches, which was good too. I liked the sandwiches better, especially the spinach, mushroom, and gouda sandwich! Starbucks coffee and tea are served free of charge, which was great. We had a good time and enjoyed our time there. The staff was very accommodating when we needed to change rooms and adjust rooms. The only complaint was that the wedding guests were not put together. Some were on the 5th and others were on the 6th floor. It was a minor inconvenience but not too bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am not picky. Rooms can be old and outdated but they better be clean. This place is dirty. The bathroom had not been cleaned. We asked for a pillow that was not feather because the wife is allergic......sorry not available. Rooms are tiny compared to other Hyatt Place hotels. Place just sucks! I knew the rate was to good to be true.

Room Tip: Get rooms at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank greenchikenfarmer
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked a room in April and was to stay on the night of August 1. I had already prepaid for the night only to have Hyatt Place Greenville cancel my reservations three nights before my stay. Since there was a Football game in the area there were no decent rooms left. What a disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If staying in Greenville, South Carolina, you could stay out just a bit from the downtown as the Hyatt Place is beyond superior for customer service. The small staff work together as one team with everyone pitching in for whatever needs to be done. They will drive you the ten minutes into town, generally whenever you are ready and pick you up when you are finished your sightseeing! If you need a fax sent they will do it happily and immediately. The hotel is fresh, clean, and has a nice pool, but it is the staff I would return for, they made you feel very important.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple