“good”

Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in 302 (just like a prior review). The a/c unit was digital and thus had been replaced since the prior review of this room.

When we first went in, the a/c was set to 60 degrees, and the room was as cold as a refrigerator. We actually turned it off completely and the room did not get too warm. Maybe the building is well insulated.

The shower worked well (good pressure, curtain did a good job of keeping water in the shower). The soaps and shampoos seemed ok with us.

The front office staff were very quick and friendly. The continental breakfast was pretty standard. I didn't notice anything about paying more for eggs and such, but maybe I didn't see it. There were no eggs, but there were some egg mc-muffins, pre-made waffles, oatmeal, cereal, fruit. They need to work on their regular coffee. One of the pump-pots had a lot of grounds in it and it tasted gross. The other was ok, but something still tasted slightly off to me.

Wife and daughter used the pool for a bit, which was nothing gigantic, but adequate for cooling off for a little while.

Overall, this place was really solid, easy to get to, maybe 5-7 minutes from downtown. I'd prefer more of a full wall between the sofa area and bedroom area, but as the pictures make clear, it's a half wall (full height but doesn't extend all the way across).

One gripe: the toilet made this really loud, fire-extinguisher type noise every so often (maybe someone above or below was flushing their toilet?). It was really loud, a bit startling, and I've never stayed anywhere where the toilets made this much noise. It didn't keep us up at night, so I wouldn't let it deter you, though.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here the night after a local surgical procedure. No complaints. The staff was very helpful to he point of bringing me silverware at breakfast (I was on crutches).Breakfast was plentiful and constantly restocked. Rooms were typical Haytt Place no surprises there. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have stayed here on 2 occasions and been very happy both times. They were both for business trips. The accommodations were clean and comfortable and the staff was nice and helpful. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Place Greenville. We loved the King Sized bed. It was so comfortable. We also loved the pillows they were the kind we liked that you can squish up a little bit. They were not hard.

They have a new 42" plasma in the room. There are hookups on the wall right underneath the TV for Component, Computer, HDMI or Video input. I thought that was pretty cool. If you want to hook in our computer, phone, dvd player etc you can.

We also enjoyed the large enjoining living room with big coach and little kitchenette area with a small fridge and a desk. The free WIFI was great as well.

The things we think they can improve on are as follows:

1. Our tub was slow to drain. Could be just an isolated incident in our room
2. Tub/toilet area was very small
3. Breakfast was free, but I would have liked to see more choices for the hot food and have it actually be hotter. In addition, if you are going to use the Starbucks brand to advertise your coffee it should actually taste good.
4. Fitness area is very small. Only 2 treadmills and one eleptical. However, they have a ton of dumbbells.

Despite these small "improvement areas" I would stay here again. It is a good value for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Luka greeted us as if we had been repeat guests. Clean spacious rooms with a huge swivel T.V. to watch from comfortable bed or the sitting area. (this does not manage the sound which still intrudes on someone attempting to sleep). Coffee maker, small refrigerator, toothpaste, and free WiFi. Wall Street Journal delivered each day--for a $1 charge. (one may opt-out of the paper, but this is not mentioned in advance.)
The breakfast display is impressive with a variety of juices, toast on-our-own bagels and breads, mini-dougnuts, cereals. There are also each day a selection of awful breakfast sandwiches. They were the only real flaw in the entire stay.

Room Tip: all seem O.K. a note: it is close to the in-town corporate airport and perhaps ten minutes to town...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnfjohnston
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very surprised about my experience. I know the hotel is undergoing renovations in the lobby, but the room was not great. It smelled like smoke and was very small. Beautiful view but nothings else that great. As an elite member, I was happy to see the bottle of water in my room but very surprised to see the $4.00 charge - yikes, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank nsch1018
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I live in Greenville and as such don't have much need to stay in area hotels, but as temperatures sored to 105 and my air conditioning broke down it was time. Hyatt place tries to accomodate the botique hotel crowd and at first glance, it seems they would do a very nice job. The pictures all look great and the write up makes it sound like a nice change from the typical mid range hotel. I booked the hotel for about $90 and made sure to use my Gold Passport number. When I arrived, everything went smoothly and the staff was very helpful and nice, the same great service I always expect at Hyatt. The room itself is very nice and large. There is a sofa shaped as an L with an ottoman, a desk, wetbar with refrigerator, and a large TV. Unfortunately, that is where my expectations ended being met. There are food and drink options 24 hours in the lobby which is great, except that a premade sandwich (like you could get in a gas station) along with a drink runs about $14. I know hotels charge a premium, but that is a huge mark-up even for a hotel. The other, and less forgivable, problem was the very uncomfortable bed. It was extremely firm and lumpy, to the point where it was both very hard to get asleep and stay asleep. I expected more from the hotel and will not be staying there again. For the money, it would be better to pay an extra $10-30 and stay at the Hyatt downtown.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo