“Very nice hotel!!”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very nice hotel!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have stayed here on 2 occasions and been very happy both times. They were both for business trips. The accommodations were clean and comfortable and the staff was nice and helpful. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Place Greenville. We loved the King Sized bed. It was so comfortable. We also loved the pillows they were the kind we liked that you can squish up a little bit. They were not hard.

They have a new 42" plasma in the room. There are hookups on the wall right underneath the TV for Component, Computer, HDMI or Video input. I thought that was pretty cool. If you want to hook in our computer, phone, dvd player etc you can.

We also enjoyed the large enjoining living room with big coach and little kitchenette area with a small fridge and a desk. The free WIFI was great as well.

The things we think they can improve on are as follows:

1. Our tub was slow to drain. Could be just an isolated incident in our room
2. Tub/toilet area was very small
3. Breakfast was free, but I would have liked to see more choices for the hot food and have it actually be hotter. In addition, if you are going to use the Starbucks brand to advertise your coffee it should actually taste good.
4. Fitness area is very small. Only 2 treadmills and one eleptical. However, they have a ton of dumbbells.

Despite these small "improvement areas" I would stay here again. It is a good value for what you get.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Luka greeted us as if we had been repeat guests. Clean spacious rooms with a huge swivel T.V. to watch from comfortable bed or the sitting area. (this does not manage the sound which still intrudes on someone attempting to sleep). Coffee maker, small refrigerator, toothpaste, and free WiFi. Wall Street Journal delivered each day--for a $1 charge. (one may opt-out of the paper, but this is not mentioned in advance.)
The breakfast display is impressive with a variety of juices, toast on-our-own bagels and breads, mini-dougnuts, cereals. There are also each day a selection of awful breakfast sandwiches. They were the only real flaw in the entire stay.

Room Tip: all seem O.K. a note: it is close to the in-town corporate airport and perhaps ten minutes to town...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnfjohnston
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very surprised about my experience. I know the hotel is undergoing renovations in the lobby, but the room was not great. It smelled like smoke and was very small. Beautiful view but nothings else that great. As an elite member, I was happy to see the bottle of water in my room but very surprised to see the $4.00 charge - yikes, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nsch1018
Greenville, SC
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I live in Greenville and as such don't have much need to stay in area hotels, but as temperatures sored to 105 and my air conditioning broke down it was time. Hyatt place tries to accomodate the botique hotel crowd and at first glance, it seems they would do a very nice job. The pictures all look great and the write up makes it sound like a nice change from the typical mid range hotel. I booked the hotel for about $90 and made sure to use my Gold Passport number. When I arrived, everything went smoothly and the staff was very helpful and nice, the same great service I always expect at Hyatt. The room itself is very nice and large. There is a sofa shaped as an L with an ottoman, a desk, wetbar with refrigerator, and a large TV. Unfortunately, that is where my expectations ended being met. There are food and drink options 24 hours in the lobby which is great, except that a premade sandwich (like you could get in a gas station) along with a drink runs about $14. I know hotels charge a premium, but that is a huge mark-up even for a hotel. The other, and less forgivable, problem was the very uncomfortable bed. It was extremely firm and lumpy, to the point where it was both very hard to get asleep and stay asleep. I expected more from the hotel and will not be staying there again. For the money, it would be better to pay an extra $10-30 and stay at the Hyatt downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kdog5000
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel is on the outskirts of Greenville, close to freeways and around 10 minutes drive to downtown. Very comfortable and a good breakfast, too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lhyslop7
Charleston, SC
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Was coming from Louisville, KY after driving 9 hours and I was dog tired. One of the young ladies at the desk must have noticed my tiredness because she offered to carry my bag to my room. I wished I had gotten her name because that was over and beyond being helpful (and amused me to no end, being a man). The other young lady got me a glass of orange juice from the bar at no charge since the grab and go was out of OJ. My room was roomy and clean, and the flat screen TV was very impressive. I got the impression that the staff would have done anything I asked of them within reason. I will definitely stay here if I ever spent an overnight in Greenville again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo