“Excellent hotel”

Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Was coming from Louisville, KY after driving 9 hours and I was dog tired. One of the young ladies at the desk must have noticed my tiredness because she offered to carry my bag to my room. I wished I had gotten her name because that was over and beyond being helpful (and amused me to no end, being a man). The other young lady got me a glass of orange juice from the bar at no charge since the grab and go was out of OJ. My room was roomy and clean, and the flat screen TV was very impressive. I got the impression that the staff would have done anything I asked of them within reason. I will definitely stay here if I ever spent an overnight in Greenville again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Odinson

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here durning a stopover in Greenville over the weekend and was very pleased. I arrived late at night with a goal of hitting the bed as soon as possbile and the staff manning the lobby was very friendly and helpful in making it happen. I was in my room less than 2 minutes after walking through the front door! I would recommend this place very highly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelinMan612
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Hyatt Place, located near the mall area in Greenville, has been a reliable, consistent hotel for our family to use for visiting our twins who just graduated from Furman University. We have stayed at this property during very busy periods, e.g. when large traveling soccer tournaments are being held, and the same wonderful service was there-regardless of number and type of other guest. The layout of the rooms is a welcome treat from the standard king bed, chair, and desk arrangement. The separate living area with a sofa allows for a least one other adult to sleep comfortably. Amenities in the room are very good, public spaces clean, attractive and well-maintained. The area in the lobby offers a nice way to purchase snacks or small meals including juices and fresh fruit ( BTW, bowls of apples are available in the lobby). Would definitely recommend the Hyatt Place for any type of business/pleasure trip to Greenville.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was our first experience with Hyatt Place-Greenville as we normally stay at either the Hampton Inn River Place (downtown) or on Woodruff Rd. We were pleasantly surprised to find how spacious and comfortable the room was--much more so than either of the Hampton Inns. The Hyatt Place room was modern and decorated with contemporary finishes, which were refreshing. The area just beyond the door featured a roomy living area complete with pull-out sofa sleeper, wet bar with microwave, coffee maker & mini-fridge, and a great desk/IT set-up. TV was a large swivel flat-screen with great picture. The 2 beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly; both the room and common areas of the hotel that we observed were very clean!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PittsHQ
Reviewed April 16, 2012

A friend and I spent two nights at this hotel this past weekend. She made the reservation in January and paid in advance to take advantage of a lower rate. Upon check in, the staff member attempted to give us a room with a king bed. My friend politely informed her she had reserved and paid for a room with two double beds. The staff member made some changes to give us the room that we requested while informing us the hotel was booked for the entire weekend, but they would work it out somehow. In my opinion, that was their problem to solve and nothing she needed to share with guests.

Our room was located on the fourth floor. The room was large and clean, but there were some stains on the carpet. We discovered the sofa in the room was actually a sleeper sofa. The bed slept very well, and the hallway was quiet even though we weren't that far from the elevators. The room contained a mini-fridge, microwave, and a huge flat screen tv.

The hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast - fruit, bicuits and gravy, toast, bagels, milk, and apple and orange juices. The hotel does not have your usual hotel pantry, but a few shelves at the front desk are reserved for the purchase of a limited selection of drinks and snacks.

The location is good and convient to Haywood Mall. There are many chain restaurants that line the highway, including an Outback Steakhouse across the highway from the hotel. I honestly would not think about walking to any of these places though. The traffic is not that heavy, but it is fast and to get to the mall you have to go over the overpass and cross to the other side.

This would not have been my first choice in hotels, but my friend offered to make the reservation and I agreed to go along with whatever choice she made. It was a decent place for a couple of nights, but not worth the price we paid even with the reduced price (we split the bill and paid $130 each). I would opt to stay here again only after exhausting my other options first.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SCarolinaGirl
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Staying here for the first time with my wife for 3 nights proved a good experience. The first night when we ran water in the tub there was mildew floating in the water. After unsuccessfully attempting to clean the stopper we realized it needed more attention. The following morning I brought this to the attention of the front desk and they replaced the stopper and the entire drain for the tub. They were quick to seek to make us happy. We were always greeted with a nice smile every time we entered the hotel.

The continental breakfast was satisfactory but not the greatest unless you wanted to pay for hot entrees. Surprised there were no pastries; only sliced bread, bagels, and English muffins. Cereal was okay. Would have been nice to have had granola for the yogurt.

The property wasn't bad. I would probably consider staying there again on a future stay. But overall the hotel is showing its age. They do seek to do their best with what they have, but it is in need of some overall updating.

Room Tip: Top floors help avert some of the road noise, but most rooms are fine.