“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Rock Hill, SC
“Decent Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

A friend and I spent two nights at this hotel this past weekend. She made the reservation in January and paid in advance to take advantage of a lower rate. Upon check in, the staff member attempted to give us a room with a king bed. My friend politely informed her she had reserved and paid for a room with two double beds. The staff member made some changes to give us the room that we requested while informing us the hotel was booked for the entire weekend, but they would work it out somehow. In my opinion, that was their problem to solve and nothing she needed to share with guests.

Our room was located on the fourth floor. The room was large and clean, but there were some stains on the carpet. We discovered the sofa in the room was actually a sleeper sofa. The bed slept very well, and the hallway was quiet even though we weren't that far from the elevators. The room contained a mini-fridge, microwave, and a huge flat screen tv.

The hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast - fruit, bicuits and gravy, toast, bagels, milk, and apple and orange juices. The hotel does not have your usual hotel pantry, but a few shelves at the front desk are reserved for the purchase of a limited selection of drinks and snacks.

The location is good and convient to Haywood Mall. There are many chain restaurants that line the highway, including an Outback Steakhouse across the highway from the hotel. I honestly would not think about walking to any of these places though. The traffic is not that heavy, but it is fast and to get to the mall you have to go over the overpass and cross to the other side.

This would not have been my first choice in hotels, but my friend offered to make the reservation and I agreed to go along with whatever choice she made. It was a decent place for a couple of nights, but not worth the price we paid even with the reduced price (we split the bill and paid $130 each). I would opt to stay here again only after exhausting my other options first.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SCarolinaGirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Staying here for the first time with my wife for 3 nights proved a good experience. The first night when we ran water in the tub there was mildew floating in the water. After unsuccessfully attempting to clean the stopper we realized it needed more attention. The following morning I brought this to the attention of the front desk and they replaced the stopper and the entire drain for the tub. They were quick to seek to make us happy. We were always greeted with a nice smile every time we entered the hotel.

The continental breakfast was satisfactory but not the greatest unless you wanted to pay for hot entrees. Surprised there were no pastries; only sliced bread, bagels, and English muffins. Cereal was okay. Would have been nice to have had granola for the yogurt.

The property wasn't bad. I would probably consider staying there again on a future stay. But overall the hotel is showing its age. They do seek to do their best with what they have, but it is in need of some overall updating.

Room Tip: Top floors help avert some of the road noise, but most rooms are fine.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

My family and I stayed here while passing through Greenville. We loved it. The room was huge with a large couch, nice tv, and big bed. The only complaint I have is that it was hard to get into the bathroom because it was very small. We will definitely be staying at Hyatt Place again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Georgetown, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just got home from an overnight at this hotel.It was a good location and modern decor was nice.Our room was fine although I stepped on broken glass walking across the floor so I
wondered if it had been vacuumed on it's last cleaning...And the carpet was very stained in several places.Very busy breakfast and nothing special on the buffet.So I do not believe we
would stay here again....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Pretty much everything in Greenville requires a car. At least at this hotel, you can walk to a few restaurants and the mall. It's convenient to Downtown Greenville and is easy access to the airport.
The rooms are comfortable and the free breakfast is nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelMamaPDX
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed here 01/14/12 in town for one night only to attend a concert. Accomadations were great, comfortable bed, the big screen tv was great, very comfortable room. The only down side was no shuttle service after 10 pm we where there for a concert at the Bi-lo center which was over at 11:30 no luck getting a cab with so many people there we eventually caught the shuttle from the nearby Hilton and walked back to hotel (about a block).
I would still recommend the Hyatt Place to any one

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I always stay here when I visit my folks. Love the coffee/booze bar at the reception area and the breakfast!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family