“Loved it, great bed, good food, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Greenville
Somerville, Alabama
“Loved it, great bed, good food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I had stayed at the other Greenville location in the past and liked it. This location is newer and nicer, but is also costs more. Hugh breakfast room, which was nice, because there were lots of people. Pets are allowed, and there were several there. Convenient to downtown, but not nearly as expensive as the downtown hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Linda K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I helped my girlfriend move to Greenville from San Diego with her two dogs and we ended up staying ten days here while we looked for a place to live in the city. Arriving late at night, after logging over 2,500 miles on the road in five days, we were checked in at the front desk by Katie, who was truly amazing! She hooked us up with a nice quiet room on the 4th floor where we stayed the entire time. She proved to be such a friendly, helpful and charming person! In fact, I feel like I came to know a lot of the staff during the time we were there. Walt, the maintenance guy, was super friendly as well and always made us feel at home. The housekeeping ladies were genial and a couple of them really took to our two Miniature Schnauzers. I only remember the name of Diane, who was very nice to me and the dogs.

As far as the hotel itself, I can say I was impressed at how clean and well-maintained it was. We did breakfast only a handful of times but it was never really too crowded and the staff kept up with the restocking of foods for the most part. The pool was nice but it did have a lot of chlorine in it. The location is in a good central area, with a mini-market/gas station right around the corner and a decent casual restaurant called Bimini's very nearby. They had a nice local bar scene and happy hour from 4-7 pm each night. A lot of fried foods though, FYI.

I would stay away from some of the chain restaurants nearby though. Our first meal upon arrival was at Applebee's in the Haywood Mall down the street, only because it was one of the few places still open. The service was good but the food sucked. I've heard that the Outback Steakhouse and Copper River Grill are less than desirable too, but we didn't eat there. If you like Thai food, we found a very good, authentic place called Thai Jing, located off E. North Street, less than 1.5 miles from the hotel.

Also noteworthy was the abundance of businesses and hotels nearby that had ample green lawns and open spaces for us to walk our dogs around on a daily basis. Mostly they were empty after 5 PM so we didn't feel we were intruding by letting the dogs roam around the areas. There is also a city park up the road off of Wood Pointe Drive called Butler Springs Park. There was ample green space for our dogs to run around near the trio of churches that are there too. Just please bring doggy poop bags if you are exploring these areas, so as to be as respectful as possible.

I want to thank the staff, service and generosity of the La Quinta Hotel chain in general for giving us a welcoming place to rest our heads with our two girls in tow during our long road trip. They are one of the few "dog friendly" hotel chains that don't charge pet fees and they made us feel comfortable and accepted during our trip across America.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank forzuto13
Parkersburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago, and had a very pleasant stay. My son and I enjoyed the pool. The room was very nice and clean. I didn't have any trouble with noises late at night (even though our room was on the pool side). My only complaint would be the price of items at the little shop in the lobby, but that's very minor. The clerks were all pleasant, and helpful. I will definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Greenville.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for one night on our way home from a college visit roadtrip. Family of four with a small dog. This hotel was super clean and very comfortable! I would have gladly stayed here with or without my dog. The person I spoke to at the front desk when booking was very nice and professional. I wish I could remember her name.

Stayed July 2014
Hinesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Luckily I was able to get a room after spending one night at another pet friendly chain with horrible results. The staff was fantastic and the room was great, comfortable beds, lots of space and very clean. I frequent La Quinta quite a bit and this one really exceeded my expectations. Will stay again! Thank you for giving me a great nights rest.

Cleanliness
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The La Quinta chain represents the low end of my scale when staying at hotels. You can always bank on them being fairly good, no matter where you stay. I was a guest at La Quinta in the Haywood section of Greenville, SC last Sat. night. I would recommend it highly as it is a beautiful facility up on a hill. The view from where you unload your luggage is very nice. However, I found the overall construction of the hotel to be a little flimsy, i.e. tissue paper thin walls, etc. I did not have a problem but I could see where someone possibly could. There was a dog show happening when i was there and there were probably 50 dogs with their owners registered. I guess that is pretty cool, these were super high end dogs mind you. I was surprised that the hotel would allow such a thing, but KUDOS to them I guess. I only heard one bark during the night, so I guess that was good.
The breakfast was very good, better than some of the La Quinta's that I have frequented, the dining area was spacious, and the waffle makers were better than normal in cleanliness. The room was small but adequate. Free WI-FI a definite plus. The beds were very comfortable, I was very pleased with that. The thermostat was on the wall which controlled a small unit. TV was excellent but only one premium channel which is par for the course. Overall I would definately recommend this lodge. I liked the location, only a hop, skip, and a jump from downtown.

• 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Jimmy D
Conway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend. It is located just minutes from downtown Greenville. Clean,comfprtable, and a decent breakfast. The outdoor pool and hot tub are very clean and inviting. Free wi-fi too! We will definitely stay here again.

Sleep Quality