“Excellent Service, Unbeatable Rate, Great Location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Georgetown, South Carolina
“Excellent Service, Unbeatable Rate, Great Location”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

As someone who works in the Hospitality industry, I make it a point to shine a light on truly great hotels when I travel somewhere. This La Quinta is a hidden gem in the city of Greenville.

First off - the staff is outstanding. From the person who took my reservation (Katie), to the gentleman who checked me in (Jeff), to the person who recommended the amazing Grill Marks restaurant for dinner (whose name I unfortunately did not get), to the night auditor (Dustin) who provided information on restaurants that deliver after midnight, to the front desk attendant on Tuesday morning who handled my check-out (I unfortunately did not get her name either) – the staff was wonderful and professional all the way. Each clerk was quick with a smile and happy to help with whatever I needed, or just to talk about how nice their hotel is.

Which, by the way, the hotel is VERY nice! Maybe I’m alone in this, but typically when I think of “La Quinta,” I don’t associate the type of quality this hotel provides with the name. Jeff told me that this La Quinta was renovated about two years ago, and it’s obvious that their staff puts great effort into keeping every part of the building in the best shape possible. I really couldn’t find a single thing wrong with it. I also learned from Jeff that in the week since I had booked my reservation, the nightly rate had gone up to about $120, so I definitely got a great deal with the rate I had (which came to $84.15 total with tax on a AAA discounted rate)! Also, despite the fact that this location is listed as "pet friendly" - I either stayed in a room that was not intended for pets, or the housekeeping staff is EXTREMELY thorough in removing all traces of a pet having been in the room.

If you're traveling to the Greenville area any time soon - I'd highly recommend this hotel. The quality of the accommodations were great as-is, but the friendliness of the staff enhanced my enjoyment of my stay even more!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RA8507

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The service, accommodations and breakfast was excellent. This was our first time at a LaQuinta and we will definitely be looking to book them more often. It was a very clean facility with friendly and helpful staff. Thank you for making a celebratory event better.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was my husband and my first time staying at a La Quinta Inn, and we were so pleasantly surprised! We have stayed in many other places that were much , more expensive, and were not as nice as this place. The room was large and extremely clean, the bed was very comfortable and wifi was fast and free. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well... I would highly recommend this La Quinta to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Jennifer Ferrel... R
Danvers
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Loved this hotel, especially for the great price. Extra large room, very quiet and very clean. Good variety of food for breakfast. Staff was extremely helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again when we return to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2014

When we were ready to leave we were informed that the hotel had a problem with their airport shuttle. We started to panic but the desk clerk had already called a cab and paid for it. Thank you LaQuinta!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here while we were looking for a house to rent in the Greenville area. Although we did not have our dogs with us this time, I like to frequent La Quinta properties because of their dogs-stay-free policy. They are also the only major chain with this policy that meet my standards for a hotel at a reasonable price. Anyway, everything went very smoothly with our stay. Even though I accidentally booked our arrival date for 2/23 instead of 2/22, they handled this mistake in stride and had us in a room in no time! While we were staying here one morning my husband noticed a friendly-looking, collared dog roaming the parking lot. He notified the staff and they promptly sent a few employees out who corralled the dog into a small fenced, contained area until they could identify the owner - who turned out to be one of the other guests staying at the hotel. The fact that they responded so quickly and took ownership of the situation (not knowing whether or not the dog belonged to a guest at the time, just trying to reunite it with its owner) really makes me feel even better than I did before about their pet policy (which I didn't even think was possible).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank demarcost
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Room on the 4th floor very clean. Bed was very comfortable. Great mirco and mini fridge. Bathroom was decent size. Nice outdoor pool but didn't use it this trip. Staff was friendly and professional. Breakfast area was right off front lobby and had a decent selection of items from fruit to make your own waffles. No hot items, however, other than hot water to make a packet of instant oatmeal. Hours for breakfast were 6-9 . Would have preferred an extra hour to at least 10:00 as not everyone is on business and out the door by 9:00.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends