“Barking Dogs”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am appreciative that the hotel allows pets; HOWEVER, they should not be a nuisance to other hotel guests...The dogs barked until 2 a.m....We reported it to the hotel clerk who said there was nothing they could do...I wrote a letter to LaQuinta Guest Services and management did call me back...He was more concerned with the "time we left" vs. the time we lost sleeping...Very rude, wish I got his name, but I didn't...In any event, we checked out earlier than our original stay was planned for and went to a different hotel...Very disappointed at this hotel..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank donna c

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were in Greenville SC for the WingDing motorcycle convention. One of the "host hotels" was next door, but I feel we had the better accomodations! The "grounds" were beautiful with lovely seating areas outside to enjoy the evenings. The location was perfect both for going to and from the convention center as well as downtown Greenville. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
A La Quinta traveler
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We thought we would give LaQuinta one more try because of their pet policy. Very glad! Check is was wonderful. Katie was at the front desk and was so sweet. There was an obnoxious customer who was being ugly and she was still sweet to him and did not get annoyed as i was. Anyway, room was spacious and spotless. Grounds were clean. Pool was really pretty. All staff the we ran into was so friendly and cheery. It was Clemson vs. Georgia weekend and it was still quiet. We love Greenville and will definately return to this hotel with or without the puppy! Thank you for restoring our faith in LaQuinta. Hopefully the next one on the list will live up to it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there three nights while visiting family. It is a little older place, just off 385, but noise from the highway was not an issue. The rooms were engineered very quiet. The staff was great, the beds awesome(I have had back injuries), and the morning breakfast healthy and pleasing. Common areas were very clean.

The location on Haywood gives you access to tons of shops and dining opportunities, and easy to get into central Greenville or the belt.

I had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice and clean. It is situated near a mall and next to the highway, but there is no noise problem at all. Dining is easily accessible. We stayed here to visit Furman university; it is a comfortable 15 minute drive away.
Our room was spacious, clean, and the beds were super comfortable. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.
Probably the best hotel you can get below 100$ per night in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I made a reservation at this property as I had stayed at the Hilton next door previously.

When I arrived at 11pm after a 6 hour drive, the phone in the room did not work and I needed to call home. I had left my cell phone at home. I tried to contact the front desk and there was no answer. I walked down to the front desk and told the attendant that the phone did not work and I needed to call home. He told me that it was fine. Of course at 56, I have no idea how to operate a phone!

I went back up to the room and it still didnt' work! Surprised? I went back down to the front desk to request a different room and was told that there were no other rooms. The attendant said that he could not leave the front desk. So, I grab my bag and went out the front door.

I went down the road to the Baymont Inn and was greeted by actual customer service when checking in. After registering the first thing he told me was that the phones were out of order and they were working on them. He said that if I needed to contact someone, I could use HIS CELL PHONE, which I did.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business