“Always a pleasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Roxbury CT
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have stayed here frequently over the last few years including through their very recent renovation finished up earlier this year. This is one of the best values in Greenville even before the renovation, It's convient and not far from downtown. It is ideal for the business traveler. Quiet location off the main highway. Good resturants near by. The staff is always pleasant and always meets me with a smile. Any issue no matter how small is always dealt with quickly and effectively. It is very well maintained and has a great pool, exercise room, and hot tub. I stay in allot of hotles all over the country and this is a great value for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Ken A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here one night in March before we went to a family reunion in Hilton Head. We were all impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was typical, but welcome since we could get an early start. We hadn't made arrangements for the one night needed on our trip back home, but after staying here the first night, I immediately booked this hotel again. The courtyard is a nice little oasis.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelerLR
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here the week of July 4. Great rate and clean. Breakfast was typical but no complaints here, especially for the rate. Will definitely stay here again next time in Greenville.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FloridaKeepcool
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I got to our room, had unloaded the cart with our luggage and other items when I went into the bathroom and discovered several long, dark hairs on the bathroom floor. As I checked the floor in front of the door better I found more hairs. Obviously the floors had not been swept or mopped so I wondered what else in the room hadn't been cleaned. We informed the front desk and a nice young man came up and gave us a room across the hall. We quickly loaded and unloaded our stuff in the new room and left to visit with our son who was going to be married in 2 days. It was late when we got back to the room and it wasn't until I was getting into bed that I noticed pet hair all over the carpet! Because of the texture of the carpet it was hard to see, but again it was obvious that the carpet had not been swept. The next day my husband talked to someone at the front desk and they gave us another room. Again we had to load everything up and relocate. The 3rd room was a little cleaner, but not spotless by any means. I did not find the bed comfortable, the AC was hard to regulate, and slamming doors and thin walls made for a lot of disturbing noise.

The location of this hotel is ideal and since we visit Greenville often it would be so nice to stay here whenever we come to town. But, unless the hotel trains their housekeepers to thoroughly clean the rooms I will look elsewhere.

Another thing that I wish they would do is have floors that are designated for those who bring pets. I heard several dogs barking and since hotels have non-smoking rooms it just makes sense to have no-pet rooms for those of us who have allergies.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hinesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Lots of great things to say about this LaQuinta. The front desk staff is friendly and professional especially Hope. We had lots of fun in the LARGE swimming pool and hot tub. Besides the pool and hot tub, there is a pretty greenspace with a gazebo and comfortable furniture. The breakfast is good, and the hotel is quiet. I enjoyed my workout in the fitness center which has two treadmills, two bikes, and a weight machine. The location is close to the mall and plenty of restaurant choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family