WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
“No surprises and a great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a very nice hotel for the money. The room was larger than average and very clean. I had a great night's sleep. The bathroom seemed very small, however. The toilet seemed to take up half of the floor area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Wingate By Wyndham! We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip to Greenville, SC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I should have known from the moment I walked in. First when I checked in they tell me my reservation was for the next day arrival and that the hotel was booked. A manager came and had the printout of the reservations that were made months prior to arrival. They got that straightened out.

I get to my room, the AC was broken and the weather was hot and humid. It was the WORLD night sleep my daughter and I had. I told the front desk right away. They didn't have any rooms to put me and maintenance was already gone and it wasn't even 5pm on a Wednesday. Even the shower rod wasn't anchored into the wall properly. The curtain kept on opening. Next day they finally fixed the AC but left wrappers and etc on the bed used to fix it.

Even the toilet kept on clogging up. Forget about needing help from maintenance on on a Saturday. .by 415 they had already left. .someone came to my room and said if it happens again just turn off the water behind the toilet..WHAT!!!! Are you serious.

Even housekeeping was bad..they took all the dirty towels but didn't give me new ones or replace the shampoo. I had to go to them and get new ones.

All I got from the front desk..sorry. When I stayed at at a Hampton inn, and had an issue they refunded me a night and it wasn't even their fault it was other guests. They just cared that I was happy.

Back to Hampton Inn in the future.

By the way..if you get room 225..stay far far away.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Craig, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay at the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC. I wish that you had either spoken with myself or the General Manager before checking out so that we could have addressed your concerns at that time. Great customer service is our #1 priority.
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were relatively impressed by these accommodations on a recent trip. The check in was quick and easy. The desk clerk was helpful. Our room was large and clean. Everything was to our expectations or above. Conveniently located next to several nice restaurants and offers a complimentary breakfast and shuttle to airport. We would stay here again and is about 3 miles from GSP airport.

Room Tip: Large, we'll lighted parking area around hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CountryTravelerUSA
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Wingate By Wyndham, Greenville Airport. I am glad that you found everything to your liking! We strive to provide the best customer service possible! We look forward to you visiting us again on a return trip to Greenville,SC!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I recently got a room at this hotel and the young man named Jason at the front counter was absolutely fabulous!! He was so helpful and si very kind. He is definitely the type of employee your company should be proud of. I would definitely recommend you guys to anyone else!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of the great guest experience that you had recently while staying with the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC! It is always great when an employee gets recognized for getting it right! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for the referrals and we hope to see you again soon!
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Would not consider any other hotel when visiting my daughter who lives in nearby Simpsonville.SC. The hotel is located in an ideal location to stay and visit with my daughter, or then continue on down the interstate to visit my son and family in Columbia, SC. Ideal location for shopping, and restaurants. It goes without saying the service is excellent as well as the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The staff has always been very polite and friendly, they indeed make me and my wife feel like we are home away from home. My wife and I were considering purchasing a second home in the area, however her comment was that the Wingate by Wyndham was like a second home without all the work. Breakfasts, guest appreciation get togethers are all great. I deal with Allison Whitmire for extended stays and she has always been a pleasure to deal with. She and her staff deserve a pat on the back.

Ron
From Delaware

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you Ron for your kind words! I am so glad that we continue to offer exceptional service and that you consider the Wingate By Wyndham as your home away from home! That is our goal! We look forward to welcoming you back!! - Allison