“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Winston-Salem, NC
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Georgia (two adults, one child). This hotel is right off the interstate and very close to several restaurants (within walking distance). Check-in and check-out were hassle-free, and both associates were friendly. Our room was clean and beds were comfy. Breakfast was great...not just standard prepackaged stuff -- had eggs and sausage. We would definitely stay here again on our next time through.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Clean and affordable. Pool is small so I decided not to use it. Very close (walking distance) to multiple place to dine. Bathrooms were also small but very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Doug, Thank you for writing a review on the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC. I am glad that you had a good experience and look forward to you visitng with us again.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I booked our room through Kayak.com. It was my 1st time using this site. I was very pleased at the ease at which I was able to book a room. Upon arrival I was very impressed. The front desk staff was very helpful and the room was very nice. Fresh clean linens, very clean bathroom and an inviting welcoming calmness to the room. I slept beautifully! The breakfast was very good also with plenty of choices. We only stayed one night but would have definitely stayed another night. Only thing the clock in the room was an hour behind which kind of through us at first but that's why we live in the technology age and have cell phones at our command!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nikkana, Thank you for writing a review for the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. I enjoyed the free drinks and appetizer in the evening and a nice variety of breakfast items in the morning continental breakfast. One of the nicest places I have stayed at an amazing price! No problem with internet or phone reception. Water pressure in the shower was excellent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kimberly, Thank you for writing a review for the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
columbia, sc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Room was nice. Great beds. Clean. Shower walls were basically coated paneling with caulked edges. Kind of a redneck way to do it, but it worked just fine. No complaints. We were just there to sleep before a 6am flight so missed breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany, Thank you for writing a review for the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Darlington, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was very impressed by the hotel and how the front desk manager helped us get our reservation straightened out after Priceline made errors on it. The room was very nice and comfortable as was the rest of the hotel. The breakfast was "ok", but better than other hotels I have seen. The bad experience I had was an ipad of our was left in the room in one of the drawers and when we called about it a young girl answered the phone, she sounded like she had no clue what was going on and flat out sounded as if she really had no desire to talk to me or help me. I called back a second time and finally spoke to the front desk manager that helped us check in and he said he would look into it, again we had to call the hotel to get any updates and everytime they were constantly defending their employees, not saying one did take the ipad but had a housekeeper really checked the room like they are supposed to ( I have worked in hospitality before so I have an idea of the process) then my ipad would have been found. I do blame a housekeeper for not checking the room properly. but in this whole process we were never able to speak to a hotel general manager. I even called corporate cause I flat out did not like how things were being handled. It was the next day before I received a call back and they too questioned why I was not able to speak to a general manager. I was told I would be called right back and it would be looked into. It has now been a week and no returned call and no ipad... I will not return to the hotel and stay again not because it was un satisfactory, but because of the way things were handled about my belongings so now I am out $500!!..Moral is don't leave anything in the room cause you will most likely not get it back..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family