“Should have stayed somewhere else.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
“Should have stayed somewhere else.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Room was clean tv didn't work had to switch rooms and in the new room the tv controller didn't work. Pool gate wouldn't open. Fitness center was one of the worst I've ever seen treadmill belt was torn, was 2 pieces of operational equipment. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Carebearmarcoux
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I am sorry that you encountered so many problems during you stay! I would hope that you would give us an opportunity to be of better service to you in the future! I can tell you that the treadmill has been repaired and all Nautilus equipment is in working order. The pool was perhaps closed during your stay and I hope that you inquired at the front desk as to why it would not open? I do hope that you will reconsider and visit with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here last night with my family. Upon arrival the girls that work at the front desk were very friendly. When we got to our room it had a muggy smell. The sheer curtains had blood speckles on them! ( ewwww). I let it past, cause it was already late and didn't want to get the kids out of bed. Breakfast was ok, I guess? ( I'm not a breakfast person . But, my kids had a waffle ).
This is where I was beyond disgusted: The fitness room. It needs a good cleaning, the machines had grime, sweat all over them, they haven't been cleaned in ages, if ever. Disgusting !! I told this to the front desk morning clerk, she was very rude, and smirked at me. I Told her that they need to put at least a bottle of cleaning spray in the room so people who use the equipment could at least wipe it down. Her response" there is one already in there "' what a joke! I looked everywhere in the " small fitness room, an nowhere there was a bottle. Cause trust me, I would have used it. Also, the belt of one of the treadmills was torn. The front desk person was very rude and just ignored my suggestions of having the hotel cleaner . I have stayed at the Wingate before in another locations and they were good overall but, this one, dirty.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello, I wanted to address your issues at the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC. I must admit that blood speckles on the sheer drape is a first for me but I will make sure that the sheers have been replaced. Also, I cannot apologize enough for the rude behavior that you encountered with the front desk agent during the morning shift. I do want to let you know that the fitness center is cleaned and wiped down daily by our housekeeping staff and you are correct, there is supposed to be a bottle of Clorox wipes in there so guests can wipe down the machines before and after using them. This should have been taken care of immediately on finding there wasn't any in there. I am using your comments as a training exercise for the front desk also. Thank you for your feedback.
Cary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My only concern was the placement of the toilet paper holder. It was almost inaccessible. That was a minor item and our stay was very nice. Really enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is the Windgate we used WINGATE BY WYNDHAM 217 LANNEAU CT, COLUMBIA, SC.29212, Could not find it on your site. The Hotel was wonderful from start to finish. Booking the rooms was very easy and the lady was very helpful. We was there for my sons Military graduation, We arrived to early to check in, so we went to the base to see my son, finding out that we could not take him off the base and could not leave him until 8:00 pm that day, We ran into what I thought would be a promblem. We had a 3:00 pm check in time, there was no way we would make that time , so I calles the hotel and Ms. Paulett, saved the day, She took my information and she told us not to worry about check in time, everything was ok. She gave us the time we need to get there, other hotels would not have done that. Paulett is one of the most carring people that I have ever met, your whole staff is top of the line! I am from Va. Beach, Va. My family travels alot and we will be staying in your hotels were ever we go, The lady that put the breakfast out was wouderful, I am a chef and I know how hard it is to keep food areas clean, she did a great job, everything was neat , clean and full. Your rooms was outstanding very clean. To your staff I would Like to thank you all for your help and service you are a 5 star Hotel in my book!!! Thank You again, looking forwaed to another stay

Room Tip: Any room that you choose wil be great!