“Good location”

Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good location”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

A very pleasant stay for three nights. The check in procedure was very quick and warm cookies waiting. USA today newspaper daily. A workout center. Breakfast was decent. The room was a good size with nice bathrooms. I was very pleasantly suprised. The only concern I have is while eating breakfast I was watching the maid come down from cleaning the rooms and start packing excessive amounts of breakfast foods and and plates and packing them to take with her. I am so glad that I put a do not disturb on my room and elected not to have maid service, If things were blantantly taken from the breakfast area. I have concerns for personal items in my room. Otherwise a great stay.

Room Tip: Several restaurants close enough to walk to.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Elvan, I wanted to make sure that I addressed your "blatantly taken" comment and your concern. The housekeeper that you mentioned had permission to take breakfast items to the break room for the staff. All our housekeepers are very trustworthy so there was no need to fear for personal items in your room. I wish that you had notified the front desk of this concern while you were here and they could have eased your mind. Otherwise, I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Albaquerque
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Did not appear to be enough staff in the mornings, breakfast was not set up completely at 6:15, food was cold-did not get started warming up early enough. Rooms were clean, staff was nice. Could noy get connected with wireless internet.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit with out hotel in Greenville, SC. I am excited to let you know that we are actually updating our internet services and the new access and speed are going to be fantastic so you will not have internet issues any more!! I do want to apologize that you felt the breakfast was not up to standard and hope that you give us another opportunity to make it right.
lehigh acres, fl
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Another great stay with wingate. Super clean, super comfortable and a very helpful staff. Sheena at the desk was great when I checked in. When i asked about the local restaurants, she was nice enought to share a free drink coupon for the restaurant across the street. The rooms at this wingate are spacious and well furnished. Gotta say this is probably the best wingate I've stayed at.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Rod, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent stay at the Wingate By Wyndham in Greenville, SC. We pride ourselves on southern hospitality and glad that you experienced exactly that! We do have a great advantage of having over 12 restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and all Wingate's have extra spacious rooms! We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Greenville, SC!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed there for a business trip from Australia. The people here are friendly and helpful. Great Hospitality,
On arrival the room I was given had already been taken? Slight mishap there, but the staff were quick enough to provide another well presented room.
Nice decent sized room with excellent bathroom facilities.
The buffet had a decent selection for all types of diets
Good choice of eateries near the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review on the Wingate By Wyndham. I am glad that you found everything to your liking and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Greenville, SC
Waxhaw
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This Wingate Inn is located along a loop that has several other hotels and quite a number of restaurants. This provides a variety of places to eat before one turns in for the night.

My wife and I were here for a conference (hotel is a 15 minute ride to the TD Conference Center). We were both impressed with how spacious the king size bedroom was. The staff keeps the rooms and the grounds clean. The beds are comfortable and they provide plenty of pillows to support your back and limbs while sleeping. The bathrooms are stocked with Nutragena soap products.

They offer a free continental breakfast with both hot and cold food. The Belgian Waffle Maker is always a favorite.

If we need to return to this area for another conference, this will definitely be the place we stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WingateGreenvilleSC, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Gary,

I hope that you and your wife enjoyed the Conference! I am glad that the Wingate By Wyndham provided all the services that you were looking for! It is true, with 12 restaurants within walking distance we do have a perfect location! Wingate's are known for their spacious rooms and amenities and I am glad that you will visit with us again the next time you are in our area! See you then!!