The good: great carpet, good curtains to block sun if sleeping during the day. Great beds. Monday through Thursday they serve dinner and it is better than most restaurants that I have eaten at (we had the chicken tortellini). Breakfast was good as well. They had laundry facilities, which is not common for a some 100+ a night hotels, which was good too. They did not nickel and dime you with extra charges (free wifi-MAJOR PLUS). Good choice of soap & shampoo (Nutrogena) so the first night when I did not have my own I was good. Spacious rooms with the pull out bed, comfortable bedding and plenty of light (which I like!) Great windows, and beautiful pool. Even though we were beside the interstate (freeway) I could not hear any noise from the outside, and the area was FABULOUS. Whole Foods and many restaurants within walking distance, and Sam's club about 2 miles away. Pictures in room were pretty and the neutral colors were warm and welcoming. Loved having a dishwasher, full size fridge and kitchen area. Front desk staff was wonderful.
There is a great walking park down the road and the area was very good. I felt safe (and this is unusual for me in the city).
The not so good: The walls are very thin, when ever someone knocked on a door down the hall I thought it was ours. I could hear everything. Room service was so so. If you were not up and out by noon, you did not get any. I prefer indoor pools, or at least heated, especially for the cost of this room ($130 and up). The hallway walls look cheap and kind of dirty. Some of the employees would smoke outside the customer entrance in the back of the hotel (YUK!!!!). Staff in dining room was borderline rude at least, indifferent at best. This is the service industry - act like you like your job at least, and don't stand around leaning on counters looking bored.
The traffic is HORRIBLE. This is not the hotels fault, the Woodruff road exit has no turn signal and the people block the roads, so you get stuck at this 1 light for 10 minutes during busy times, if not more. When I left I chose to go south toward Laurens road and take I-85 from that location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expect comfortable, spacious suites that remind you of home at our Greenville, SC hotel. Retreat to a studio or one-bedroom suite featuring high-speed internet access, a sofabed and a fully equipped kitchen. Choose from 110 stylish studios, and one- and two-bedroom suites. Prepare meals from your fully equipped kitchen or take advantage of our complimentary hot full breakfast served daily, and evening dinner and drinks* Monday through Thursday. Lounge on the sofa bed while watching your flat-screen LCD TV. Ride one of our complimentary bicycles, swim in the outdoor pool, or work out in our modern fitness center. Savor barbecue cooked on the grill and dine on the patio. Tee off on our golf course or play basketball or tennis on our sports court. Print, copy and scan documents in our 24-hour business center. Enjoy complimentary WiFi internet access during your stay at our hotel in Greenville, SC. Make a presentation to 80 people in our Carolina Room or call on nearby businesses such as BMW, CU-ICAR Campus, Center for Manufacturing, Michelin, TD Bank, General Electric and Verizon Wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton - Greenville Hotel Greenville
- Greenville Homewood Suites
- Greenville Hilton
- Homewood Suites Greenville