“Could have been better...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed February 26, 2013

First, the good: we reserved a studio and it was very roomy and nicely furnished. The hotel is fairly new and it showed; the decor was modern and inviting. The shower door handle was broken in the room, but hey, things like that happen. The lobby was also nice, roomy, and modern.

Now, the bad: we had a ground floor room, and there was near-constant thumping overhead all night. It seemed as though any movement in the upper floors was clearly audible on our floor. We even had two fans running to drown out the sound, but it didn't do much good. The bed itself was a little too firm for my tastes, and this coupled with the loud noises contributed to my inability to get a good night's sleep. There are no vending machines on the floor, as the hotel runs a pricy snack "store" instead.

The ugly: I requested a late checkout (one hour), feeling that a nap would help after the lost sleep, and the hotel refused. It did not appear to be a very busy weekend, and no hotel has ever refused me a late checkout before, but you never know. All in all, it added a disappointing touch to what could have been a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor. Too much noise overhead.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Limozine
Connie A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Greetings!

I would like to apologize about the shower door handle coming loose during your stay. We run a very high occupancy during the week and occasionally these types of problems happen after a guest checks out. I hope that our Maintenance team could get this repaired for you in a timely manner.

I would love to find out when you stayed at Homewood Suites Greenville. I would like to look into who was working the morning of your requested checkout. I am very sorry that this was not granted. Please send me an email at connie.armstrong@hilton.com and I will definitely get a resolution for you.

We work very hard to provide the best most comfortable service in the industry. I'm so sorry that we were not able to be 100% for you during your stay. I would love for you to try us out again. If I can ever be of assistance to you again in the future, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Thanks!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Homewood Suites is my favorite place to stay, and the Greenville location did not disappoint! The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. The room was perfect and the bed and linens were oh, so comfortable! You can't go wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank addygirl
Connie A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Greetings Addygirl!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about Homewood Suites Greenville! We work really hard to ensure that each guest is 100% satisfied. I am looking forward to having you back with us again in the future. If you should have any special request during your next stay, please feel free to call me at 864-297-9140 or email at connie.armstrong@hilton.com. Once again, thank you for your awesome comments!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I would highly recommend staying at Homewood Suites by Hilton. The King Bed suite was spacious with very nice amenities. The bed was most comfortable! Everything was in working order and our suite was immaculate! The only complaint; items in the vending station was a little pricey. Bring your own snacks (my suggestion). The kitchen is fully equipped. The staff was so courteous, friendly, professional, and very helpful.....customer friendly!! If it is not right, they will do their best to make your stay one to remember.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by traffic noise; do not stay on the side near interstate.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Van799

Hello Van799!

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback!

We love to be the first choice in accommodations for our travelers. Our Studion and One-Bedroom Suites are spacious and functuional, whether traveling on business or leisure. We do offer an exclusive array of amenities at an all inclusive price.

I am currently looking into other options regarding our Suite Shop area. We would like to provide a much more cost effective product that is both healthy and satisfiying.

When you are back in Greenville, SC, please feel free to give me a call if you have any special request. My email address is connie.armstrong@hilton.com or 864-297-9140. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here one night prior to flight the next morning at GSP, All areas were fresh and clean. Suite offered plenty of room. The only thing I would add would be an in-room safe. Nice to have microwave pop corn in the room and decent toiletries. And there's plenty of nearby shopping and dining.

My only disappointment with Homewood Suites was the complimentary breakfast, which was rather sparse compared to similar properties, The only hot items were oatmeal, tater tots, and chicken biscuits that weren't hot and rather rubbery. I expected a better selection of muffins/danish, some type of egg, and more fruit than an apple, orange, or grapes. My hope for a nice, filling, pre-flight breakfast went unfulfilled.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Connie A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Greetings!

Thank you so much for your valuable review. We are thankful for the opportunity to serve you and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We have taken the necessary steps to recreate and bring to life our breakfast menu. Since your stay we have added additional hot items to the menu daily such as, fresh hot kettle cooked oatmeal, french toast, and a variety of baked items. It is important that our guest start their day off with a bountiful meal.

When you are back in the area, I hope you will continue to be our guest. You are welcome to email or contact me personally with any breakfast request and I will see to it that we fullfil your request.

connie.armstrong@hilton.com
864-297-9140

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed at several Homewood Suites while traveling on business. The staff at this location was overly friendly and willing to help with anything you needed. This is one of the only Homewood Suites that I'm aware of that offers bikes for guest to use. I will defiantly stay at this location next time I'm in Greenville.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ScottyB0532

Greetings!

Thank you so much for your AMAZING feedback! Our team works hard each day to ensure that our guest are 100% satisfied. If we can be of assistance to you again in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call. Thank you so much for your business and hope to see you agian soon!

connie.armstrong@hilton.com
864-297-9140

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I'm an overall fan of Homewood Suites and their style of hotel. This location did not disappoint. This was my 2nd stay and check-in was a breeze. The staff is very friendly. Rooms are nice, since I think the property is a little newer. The afternoon snack spread was great and their morning buffet was nice. There were no issues and it was a good stay. If back in the area, I'd definitely stay here again and I'd recommend to others.

Room Tip: The interstate sits on the back side of the hotel, request an inner room or a room off the front sid...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Connie A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Greetings!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on Homewood Suites Greenville! The Homewood Suites Team prides themselves on knowing that we have 100% satisfied each and every guest. I am delighted to hear that you will be staying with us again on your future visits to Greenville, SC.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

After spending a good month on the road traveling with sports teams, I saved the best for last at this beautiful hotel! New, spotless, spacious with a staff that really keeps this place in top shape. We booked a king one bedroom for three of us. Nice full kitchen (no oven) spacious living area, separate vanity from the bath and toiled area and the most comfortable bed of any hotel I had stayed in this summer! Combine this with a huge free breakfast buffet and wonderful free full dinners four nights a week and you can't beat staying here.

Pool and patio area with basketball court and grills made for a great hang out spot. Hotel is surrounded by high end shopping like Whole Foods, Talbots, Trader Joes and many others. Good dining choices close too.

Great stay!!

Room Tip: Pick a room on the first floor away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Greetings!

Thank you so much for such an awesome review!! I had the pleasure to share this with our team and it really made their day.

At Homewood Suites Greenville we believe that you should feel like you are at home no matter if you are staying 1 night or 6 months. It's certainly nice to know that after a long day you can come back to a suite that averages around 500 square feet with all the amenities of home.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and if you are ever back in Greenville, SC I would love to have you at Homewood Suites!