“Better breakfast would make Homewood Suites excellent”

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
North Carolina
“Better breakfast would make Homewood Suites excellent”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here one night prior to flight the next morning at GSP, All areas were fresh and clean. Suite offered plenty of room. The only thing I would add would be an in-room safe. Nice to have microwave pop corn in the room and decent toiletries. And there's plenty of nearby shopping and dining.

My only disappointment with Homewood Suites was the complimentary breakfast, which was rather sparse compared to similar properties, The only hot items were oatmeal, tater tots, and chicken biscuits that weren't hot and rather rubbery. I expected a better selection of muffins/danish, some type of egg, and more fruit than an apple, orange, or grapes. My hope for a nice, filling, pre-flight breakfast went unfulfilled.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Connie A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you so much for your valuable review. We are thankful for the opportunity to serve you and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We have taken the necessary steps to recreate and bring to life our breakfast menu. Since your stay we have added additional hot items to the menu daily such as, fresh hot kettle cooked oatmeal, french toast, and a variety of baked items. It is important that our guest start their day off with a bountiful meal.

When you are back in the area, I hope you will continue to be our guest. You are welcome to email or contact me personally with any breakfast request and I will see to it that we fullfil your request.

connie.armstrong@hilton.com
864-297-9140

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at several Homewood Suites while traveling on business. The staff at this location was overly friendly and willing to help with anything you needed. This is one of the only Homewood Suites that I'm aware of that offers bikes for guest to use. I will defiantly stay at this location next time I'm in Greenville.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ScottyB0532
Greetings!

Thank you so much for your AMAZING feedback! Our team works hard each day to ensure that our guest are 100% satisfied. If we can be of assistance to you again in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call. Thank you so much for your business and hope to see you agian soon!

connie.armstrong@hilton.com
864-297-9140
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I'm an overall fan of Homewood Suites and their style of hotel. This location did not disappoint. This was my 2nd stay and check-in was a breeze. The staff is very friendly. Rooms are nice, since I think the property is a little newer. The afternoon snack spread was great and their morning buffet was nice. There were no issues and it was a good stay. If back in the area, I'd definitely stay here again and I'd recommend to others.

Room Tip: The interstate sits on the back side of the hotel, request an inner room or a room off the front sid...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Connie A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on Homewood Suites Greenville! The Homewood Suites Team prides themselves on knowing that we have 100% satisfied each and every guest. I am delighted to hear that you will be staying with us again on your future visits to Greenville, SC.

illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2012

After spending a good month on the road traveling with sports teams, I saved the best for last at this beautiful hotel! New, spotless, spacious with a staff that really keeps this place in top shape. We booked a king one bedroom for three of us. Nice full kitchen (no oven) spacious living area, separate vanity from the bath and toiled area and the most comfortable bed of any hotel I had stayed in this summer! Combine this with a huge free breakfast buffet and wonderful free full dinners four nights a week and you can't beat staying here.

Pool and patio area with basketball court and grills made for a great hang out spot. Hotel is surrounded by high end shopping like Whole Foods, Talbots, Trader Joes and many others. Good dining choices close too.

Great stay!!

Room Tip: Pick a room on the first floor away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greetings!

Thank you so much for such an awesome review!! I had the pleasure to share this with our team and it really made their day.

At Homewood Suites Greenville we believe that you should feel like you are at home no matter if you are staying 1 night or 6 months. It's certainly nice to know that after a long day you can come back to a suite that averages around 500 square feet with all the amenities of home.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and if you are ever back in Greenville, SC I would love to have you at Homewood Suites!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great hotel. Rooms are apartment style with a full kitchen and a nice big, well designed bathroom. It was immaculate. Perfect for a family or longer term stay. I could not believe the amenities, popcorn in the room, they will grocery shop for you, they have a full meal manager reception every night with alcohol. I cannot comment on the dinner food but breakfast was way above average, not a cooked to order thing, but way more than the standard continental buffet. I have already booked a family trip this fall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ZabsNC
Hello!!

Thank you for your wonderful review! We believe after a long day at work or touring our beautiful city that is important that you come back to a freshly prepared hot meal.

I am glad you enjoyed the popcorn in the suite! When my staff and I walk the halls during the day, the smell of freshly popped popcorn always puts a smile on our face. This is telling us that our guest are enjoying some quality time just relaxing!

Oak Island, North Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This Homewood Suites by Hilton is one of the better ones that I have stayed. Rooms are clean with all the normal amenities found in a Homewood. The AC unit is quiet, unlike some I have stayed in that are very noisey. The housekeeping staff do a good job keeping room clean.
Front desk staff is very helpful, especially the am shift.
Nice pool although a little on the small size for a hotel of this size.
Breakfast and Monday thru Thursday evening meals are better than usual for a Homewood. The kitchen staff are the best.
I did not use the fitness equipment and cannot speak to this amenity. There is an onsite washer and dryer available.
I only have 2 issues with this property.
1. The suite shop items are very over priced.
2. On the weekend, the pool gets filled with more bugs than people. Appears not to be an issue during the week.
Would definetly stay at this property anytime in Greenville SC for pleasure or business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Impressed by friendly staff at check-in and throughout the stay including servers at breakfast and dinner. Food at breakfast was great. Different items each morning and each different from the usual. Tried dinner once and it was simple but very good. Corner room was very large with separate kitchen/dining/living area and bedroom/bath area. Well stocked kitchen and full size frig. Nice pool area and even with multiple soccer teams nothing was overloaded including pool, lobby and dinner. A little hard to find at first. Quarter of a mile to a Cracker Barrel and a little further to a shopping center with Whole Foods. Wanted to stay longer and if in the area this will be my choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business