“A pleasure”

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times while traveling on business. The service is always efficient, and the rooms and public spaces always clean and inviting. I had extra time on the last trip, so got a DVD from the front desk to watch before bed. There are lots of complimentary extras here: bicycles to borrow, complimentary use of Pivotal Fitness gym, grocery pickup, a meal in the evening, hot breakfast in the a.m. and fruit and coffee out all day.

The evening meal is okay if you are bushed from the day, but it's pedestrian fare, and fairly heavy. I have also used the meeting room for business and the price is reasonable and service wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 3, 2012

From the time we pulled up to the hotel I could tell that this hotel was going to be a hit. Plenty of restaurants and shopping. The front desk clerks were very professional and pleasant. We were checked in in no time. The lobby was inviting and very clean. As we entered our room we were very surprised at how new, modern and clean the rooms were! The beds were to die for... they were so comfy and clean. I stayed in the bed a lot because I loved it so much. I rarely sat in the living room and we were there for four days. The only down fall was that we were placed in a room that was outside of the basketball court. One night at 11:00pm there were kids playing b-ball outside our window. I believe someone complained because after about 10 minutes they were gone. You can't go wrong with this hotel. Traffic congested on the main road "Woodruff".

Room Tip: Don't get a room outside of the basketball court!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 716to704diva
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have traveled to Greenville on business for 17 years and have stayed in just about every hotel in the area worth staying in. I have settled on this Homewood Suites for the following reasons:
1. Location- close to Woodruff Road restaurants, shopping, etc.
2. Quiet- it's almost too close to I85. I used to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn next door and it sounded like I was sleeping on the shoulder of the highway. The design of this hotel is such that you don't hear as much road noise.
3. Clean- I should put this first because I wouldn't stay in a dirty hotel, ever. This hotel smells clean and is clean.
3. Spacious- Homewood Suites gives you a lot of room for your money.
4. DVD player- I like having the option to watch a movie and not pay an arm and leg for it. Homewood has a selection of DVDs you can borrow, too.
5. Value- affordable. Very affordable if you eat their breakfast and dinner (beer and wine included).

Dislikes?
The internet service is horrible, like another reviewer said. The manager knows, something about the ISP being right across the street and he can't get them to bring it there. It may be fixed by now.
This Homewood Suites has an outdoor pool that is sheltered from the highway, but if you are looking for more of a resort-type setting, this isn't it. Also, if you are wanting to be closer to downtown Greenville and what it has to offer, there are great hotel options there but you'll have to pay for parking, etc. That's why I say this is the best on I85 and Woodruff Road!

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on lower levels facing west.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank stlanderson
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Great Breakfast, Clean Rooms and Very Comfortable. Internet Connection sucks and its a negative factor for business travelers. Lots of restaurant nearby and suitably located for commuters.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashok_Gunasekaran
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I spent New Year's weekend at this hotel. Everything from checkin to checkout was awesome. The room was ready when we arrived and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed December 18, 2011

New facility with spacious suites and very good rates. Jug wine and basic breakfast and dinner included in room price. First stay at a Homewood and will look for others as I travel.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Staying in town for 3 weeks on business and checked into Homewood Suites. Jessica at the front counter was very nice and pleasant to deal with. Lobby was clean as well as the room. Very spacious and comfortable. The only downside is the internet speeds both WiFi and Ethernet tested at about 0.45 mb/s. This is the norm for Hilton branded hotels, so to no fault of the staff here at Homewood. Other than the slow internet speeds, an outstanding place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business