“Simply, a GREAT place!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at this Homewood Suites for my nephew's wedding so several family members stayed in various rooms. Love the suites set-up!! Everything was clean & staff were pleasant and very helpful. They even recovered a blanket we had left behind! Pool area was kept clean and there are several tables with umbrellas to shade from the sun. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning and the constantly available coffee. Our group even met in the lobby several nights to visit with one another. This hotel is located in one of the very best locations - right down from many popular restaurants & stores. I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We booked this property for an 1 night stopover in route to Asheville, North Carolina for my nephew's graduation. Our room was a 4th floor king suite, with a kitchen and sofa bed. Contrary to most of the previous reviews, this hotel does indeed have a few flaws:

NEGATIVES: During an untimely 2 a.m. visit to the bathroom, I found a roach on the toliet seat. Initially, I thought that the little critter was a dead bug trying to escape pesticide fumes. However, when I used a tissue square to drop it in toliet bowl, it started swimming to avoid the inevitable flush. Of course, I reported the incident to front desk management during the breakfast hour. But my report was met with some defensiveness. As a result, I explained to the management representative that the presence of pests are expected to occur during the life cycle of a hotel and some guests could become very irrate or unreasonably demanding. More importantly, I did ask for anything to compensate for my "bug" incident. Secondly, the suites' full kitchen accomodation is more myth than fact. Please read the fine print on Hilton's website and understand that the Homewood Suites "full kitchens" are equipped with two glass stove top medium sized burners that are positioned too unnecessarily close together and designed with intermittment safety deactivations to power down the burners for accident prevention. Also, there is a microwave oven located above the glass stove top with an interesting ventilation system but there is not a conventional or convection oven for serious food preparation. However, the double sinks and refrigerator freezer are very handy. In addition, the only table in the king suites that seats two comfortably is located near the tiny barely functional kitchen area and serves as the work station for internet access. Thirdly, the complimentary breakfast has average offerings of factory food processed cheese omelets, assembly line biscuits, assorted machine dispensed juices(?), and "do it yourself" waffles with mysterious carmel colored corn syrup. Fortunately, there is fresh fruit offered as an alternative.

POSITIVES: Free internet and free parking is available. Whole foods market is almost walking distance away and Trader Joes Grocery store is less than a mile driving distance off the Woodruff main road. There's a coin laundry area available.The flat screen televisions have beautiful video and I think there's a DVD player available near the sofabed/alleged full kitchen area(?). In the outdoor commons area near the lobby there are two large gas grills, an outdoor swimming pool and a small basketball court.

Would I stay here again? Maybe..

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Summertown
Homewood201, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thank you very much for visiting our Greenville, South Carolina hotel. I appreciate you pointing out the areas we can work on such as food items on our breakfast menu, in addition to the positive features such as teh DVD players in each of our spacious suites. Your feedback will certainly assist us in improving the quality of stay for each of our guests. It is unfortunate an insect found its way into your suite, as we take those matters seriously and routinely provide pest control services each month to prevent such occurrences. I would like to invite you back to The Homewood Suites Greenville on your next visit to the Upstate of South Carolina. As with all of our guests, we seek to provide you outstanding services so that we are the only lodging option you consider when seeking a Greenville hotel. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Staying at the Homewood Suites in Greenville. I had to work in the area for the week and brought the family along (wife, 6 yr old, 4 yr old, 3 month old) and they LOVE it like I do. Upgraded to a king 1 bedroom, with a pull out and roll away in the living room for the kids. This was the first time I have EVER requested a crib and had it in the room when I arrived.
Free QUALITY breakfast AND dinner. Heard they had free dinner with drinks...thought it would be low quality- was pleasantly surprised. Haven't had a dinner I didn't like yet.
VERY clean rooms and facalities. Outdoor pool and grounds are well maintained. Can hear a little noise from the highway, but not nearly enough to disrupt sleep.
STAFF is amazing. Anne and Scott at the front desk were super friendly and nice- and even shook hands with my young kids. Very impressed that all of their staff really seems to care about their guests. Shopping and grocery are within walking distance.

I am now trying to book a full month with this hotel for when I return to the area. Would stay again without hesitation.
GREAT work Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: hhonors program upgrades are top notch
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I travel a lot, and I don't write the number of reviews that a seasoned traveler should. But this hotel really went out of the way, not only to make me feel welcome with words, but with actions. I had lost my cell phone, and to make a long story short, 2 employees immediately assisted (someone in the dining room, and a staff member at the front desk) in helping me by calling, and looking around. So service IS A++++ at this hotel, and I would recommend this without a moment's hesitation to ANYONE based soley on that. But you know what? The rooms were clean, the appliances, desks, sofas, bed and furniture were new. The room was clean, smelled clean and was well taken care of. The Internet was fast, and kept a solid connection. The gym was clean and was pleasant, too. Breakfast was good - lots of choices. There's nothing I can say that was NOT perfect.

This was my first experience with a Homewood Suites, but it will not be my last. I can only hope that this level of service and professionalism is shared throughout the chain, as my expectations have been raised.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TheAnth
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for a buissnees trip on which I took my familiy along. The room was spotless, my wife was impressed, even the builds and door frames no dust, nothing dingy.

Mon-Thursday there are free dinner and drinks in the lobby. Even tough we did not eat there the food looked very good. Breakfast is served everyday and was of normal good quality and average variety.

I would recommend this hotel without any hesitations.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Called in on our annual trek to Myrtle beach will now be calling in every year can't praise the management and staff high enough.Sorted local course,tee times ect, advice was spot on in all departments.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I along with my colleagues had been staying at this hotel for several months.Beautiful property with more than normal amenities.Over the months all the employees made all of us feel like family and remembered all the little things each of us like daily and need,as well as genuine interest in whether we had a good day or not.I can honestly say that I was sad to leave.We all felt we were leaving are new found friends.
The dinners at the hotel were extremley good.It was very nice to come to the hotel "home" and have a complimentary dinner,beer and wine waiting on me.major plus!!!! the hotel was spotless. My room was always clean,dishes washed and set up as though everyday was my first day.Housekeeping was more than happy to go way out of the way to ensure i had the comforts i needed.This hotel blew my expectations out the water and I can honestly say I can not wait to return.Thank you Homewood for giving me faith again in customer servie and genuine pure hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business