“Very accomodating in a pinch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Goose Creek
ORANGE PARK
“Very accomodating in a pinch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I want to start by saying the staff at this property are second to NONE. They are very friendly and hospitable. The evening clerk on our arrival date found us a room when no others were available for miles and moved other reservations to help accomodate our needs. The following day, the manager, Pete Patel, also help insure we would have a room for the next three nights as our trip plans changed. He, again moved reservations around so that we were even able to stay in our same room w/ the short notice that we gave him. Our room was very comfortbale and very clean. It was a smoking room, which my wife or I do not smoke, but the cleanliness made the it almost unnoticable. We so appreciate the extra effort and care made to us during our stay here. Our trip was unscheduled and unplanned, but the Econo Lodge in Goose Creek definitely took our worries away when it came to having a safe, clean environment to spend our weekend. Thank you again for a wonderful and memorable stay, We will not soon forget your gracious hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GalsTrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I totally agree with "LoudTrain2009" If the cost of a room was $30 to $40 it would be reasonable. But when you can go 5 miles up the road to Wingate and with an AARP discount stay for only $13 more a night with so many more ammenities, a much cleaner room and environment in general and a breakfast that far exceeds what you get at Econo Lodge it just is not worth it. This is a hotel from about 40 or 50 years ago and it shows. I do not understand their pricing. In my opinion it is double the price it should be for what you get. The management and staff were very nice and helpful but that does not make up for the very old building, musty smell, nats flying around in the room and really disappointing continental breakfast. Also having stayed at the Sleep Inn in Smithfield, NC for only $5 more a night in a room that rivals the Wingate and Fairfield I just do not get the Econo Lodge pricing. They are definitely overpriced.

Room Tip: The Wingate and Fairfield are more expensive but if you qualify for a military, AAA or AARP rate it...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear Traveler,

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor, and are glad to know that you found our service so exceptional, though your overall stay could have been better.

We always strive to provide the highest value to our guests in terms of accommodations, amenities and pricing. Over the years our hotel has achieved either Platinum or Gold Awards from Choice Hotels on a regular basis (last 5 years running), which places us at the upper tier of all Econo Lodge brands in terms of overall hotel quality and service. This is due in large part to our emphasis on maintaining the highest level of brand standards and ensuring a properly trained and courteous staff.

We try to position ourselves as the most reasonably priced in the Goose Creek area and generally achieve that status, however due to our higher standards we also want to ensure that the resources are there to maintain that level, which would not be possible at the pricing you suggested.

We do hope that should your travels bring you back to the Goose Creek area again that you will pay us another visit.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment and we wish you safe and happy travels.

The Management
Adrian, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a very good place to stay for the budget minded traveler. I would have given it 5 stars but there are RR tracks across the street and some trains rolled through in the middle of the night. I like trains so that didn't bother me at all. The staff are very friendly and helpful, especially Yvonne.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sumter, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am a public school teacher. There was a sponsored event and I was in need of finding a hotel for myself and twelve students. Many of the hotels were booked, but luckily (so I thought) I found Econo Lodge. The reviews were mixed, but I pressed my luck. This was the worst stay EVER! I was embarrased to look my students in the face the next morning. There was noise on the property all night, which prevented me from sleeping. There were odors in the room. The sheets on the beds appeared and felt to be very used and worn. The shower heads were damaged and barely in use. Needless to say, myself or the students were not at our best, due to poor housing arrangements. I apologized to the students one thousand times. It was a disaster! I wouldn't recommend my wonderful dog to stay at this property. Obviously, the people that says the property is great were formerly homeless. (not to be funny). I've never given a review, however, I felt as if it was my duty to share with others, to avoid the kind of experience that myself and the students experienced. On the other hand, the staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank troy c
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I recently completed a 10 week stay at the Goose Creek, SC Econo Lodge.
The property was very well maintained outside and the rooms were in good conditon.
The price was very reasonable.
I would stay at this Inn again if in the area and would recommend the motel to others.
The owner and staff treated me very well and were concerned for my comfort.

Room Tip: Call the local number and speak directly to a member of the staff. You will not get a better deal b...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Tommy M
North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed overnight in Nov. Convienient location, older facility but the rooms were nice & clean. Train tracks across the road with frequent train's..but if ya like the sound of train whistles and the rumble of the ground...its satisfying. You can't ask for a better staff though. Mr. Patel was most generous in allowing us to check in early and check out later than usual as we were delayed at a funeral. Its convienient to most places north of Charleston and really only takes about 25 min. drive to get to the Battery from there, or across the bridge to Patriots point or the many other attractions close by.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank nc2gulf57
Mount Vernon, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

My stay at Econo Lodge in Goose Creek was a good one thanks to the very personable staff and management at the hotel who made it a very comfortable stay. They were very attentive to me as a customer and wanted to make sure everything I needed for my two night stay was taken care of. The room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. The tv offers all the local cable stations so I couldn't have asked for more. I have bad allergies so I always need a clean bed and pillows with a relatively new mattress. This room had all of that and was very clean. The location is close to many restaurants and businesses off of Goose Greek Blvd, but there is a noise factor as a result. Other than that, perfect--I shall return!

Room Tip: Backside is somewhat less noisy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ShakBar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goose Creek
Days Inn Goose Creek
Days Inn Goose Creek
#3 of 3 in Goose Creek
BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston Un...
#10 of 58 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,507 reviews
Wyndham Garden Summerville
Wyndham Garden Summerville
#5 of 10 in Summerville
Holiday Inn Express Charleston North
Holiday Inn Express Charleston N...
#20 of 58 in North Charleston
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 10 in Summerville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!