“My husband and myself are visiting the...”

Sushi 101 Hibachi Grill
Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Goose Creek
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 28, 2010

My husband and myself are visiting the area and decided to try a local restaurant. We saw it was #1 on trip advisor and we were definitley pleased. The service and cost was wonderful and the food was even better. Thank you all for the recommendations.

1  Thank AnnaB31

Reviewed December 23, 2009

Great food presented nicely and not a lot of money. The interior is not at all fancy but the food is great and authentic, not an americanized version of Japanese food . The owners are friendly and the place is clean. The Chef also makes a killer baked salmon if you are lucky it might be on the menu if not just udon, yakitori and chicken hibachi are my favorites and each is less than $10.!!

2  Thank cecitadel
Reviewed December 17, 2009

After seeing Little Tokyo jump to #2 on TripAdvisor for Summerville, my wife and I took the short trip out to see what all the fuss was about. The restaurant is located in a small stripmall'ish building that is shared with a few smaller retail stores and a gas station on the opposite end. From the front, Little Tokyo looks like a typical "take-out" joint with just a few dine-in tables (8 to be exact, but the tables are big enough to accommodate parties of 6-8).

Before I get too in depth, let me cut to the chase ... the food is AMAZING both in taste and price. I was expecting some overpriced, "Americanized" version of Japaneses dishes that you find everywhere these days. The food was authentic with layer upon layer of flavor. A true diamond in the rough for those that love Japanese food.

While eating our eggroll (the best I've ever eaten) and aparagus tempura for an appetizer we were debating on what entrees to order. The menu is ambiguous, there's no getting around that. They have simple names with simple descriptions and found it hard to decide (ask the waitress what she recommends!).

We were dead-set on 2 entress when out of the corner of our eye we saw the waitress bring to another table these boat-shaped platters with the most amazing skewers and tempura on them. As soon as the waitress said "Tokyo" we were sold.

Both my wife and I had the "Tokyo" which an assortment of both grilled skewers and tempura. For $6.95 (yes, im not missing a "1" there, it's $7!!) the Tokyo comes with:

- 1 Grilled Steak Skewer (Meat is tender, perfectly cooked and tastes right of the grill)
- 2 Grilled Chicken Skewers (Moist, tender, covered in a sweet/teriyaki-ish sauce)
- 2 Large Shrimp Tempura (About 3-1/2 long, juicy, flavorful)
- Veg Tempura; Aspragus, Carrot, Green Pepper, Sweet Potato, Zucchini
- Steamed Rice
- Salad (which is like shredded cabbage and carrots mixture with sweet shrimp sauce)
- Soup *read below*

Sidebar: I feel the need to share with you our reaction to the soup. The soup definitely holds its own with authenticity. It has a VERY, VERY strong fish flavor which for both my wife and I found to be too overpowering. You get the soup first in your meal so if you don't prefer it, set it aside and don't let it influence you into thinking you made a mistake by eating at Little Tokyo :)

The entree was SO big that we immediately recognized the fact that we didn't need the appetizers. You will definitely not leave this place hungry.

Our total bill with 2 appetizers, 2 drinks, 2 tokyo platters with 2 sweet breads (below) was less than $30 with tip!

There are imported sweet breads for sale at the front counter. We got 2 (chedder and coffee bread) and ate them for breakfast. They are like nothign I've had before! Little gummy on the first bite, but just melts in your mouth with a subtle hint of the cheddar and coffee flavors.

If you are still with me this fart into my review, give Little Tokyo a try, you won't be sorry!!!!!

1  Thank bparise
Reviewed May 1, 2009

This place is great! The food is wonderful but their prices are even better.
The restaurant has one server and one chef so you get a personal service!
The food is simple and very true to its origin. This is my absolute favorite restaurant!
I love the fact that i can have a great meal, see the chef create my meal, speak to the owner all under 15 dollars.

Best place to eat , period.