“No quality at the inn”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Goose Creek
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
“No quality at the inn”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn, Goose Creek,SC on August 9, 2012. Our room was supposed to be on the first floor, non smoking, two double beds, no pets. Our room was on the first floor with the correct number of beds. It was a handicap smoking room with a flea problem. So much for no pets. My husband spoke to the front desk about our room. We were shown three other rooms that we could choose from to replace the one that we were currently in. Each room had maintenance problems. It was now 1:00 a.m in the morning so we settled for a room had less wrong with it but had a broken shower rod. Anyone that is considering staying here should know that trains pass by this location, blowing their whistles as they go by. The trains come through multiple times during the night.

After a less than wonderful nights sleep, we came down stairs for our complimentary breakfast. The size of the eating area and number of tables is not adequate for the number of people being served.

Terry was in charge of the breakfast buffet. She did not keep the buffet well stocked. At nine o'clock she was asked to fill the empty gravy container. She said that she could not do that because the breakfast buffet ended at 9:30 a.m and it was too close to that time to justify bringing out any more gravy. The pastries and biscuits were stale. None of the food was tasty. Breakfast does not have any meat and only boiled eggs, no scrambled eggs. You are not going to get a great breakfast here.

My husband spoke to the day manager about our stay. Nothing was done other than to say that they were sorry that we did not enjoy our stay. The Quality Inn motto is not true here. I do not recommend that you stay here. Hopefully, Quality Inn will see this review and fix the situation.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side away from the rail road tracks. The trains come thru about every 45 minu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pctruegrits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A majority of other guests including ourselves were visiting loved ones on the Naval Base! This is the closest hotel to the Navy base. We have stayed here numerous times in the last two years due to visiting loved ones. It is your average Quality Inn so nothing fancy but by far a notch above the rest. All of our rooms were super clean, we had no problems at all. The hotel offers a light breakfast in the morning. We met many other Naval base visitors from all over the country who were staying at the hotel too. It is a great hotel to mingle with other Navy parents/loved ones and gain some amazing stories and knowledge from them. The staff is super helpful every time, helping us with directions and finding great places to eat.

2 Thank PlaneFun1
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Quality Inn at Goose Creek is top notch! When I pulled up to the front door I was greeted by Tabitha who was incredible from the time I entered until the time she got off the next morning. Tabitha was so friendly, and it my state of mind I needed a friendly face. I had driven from FL and I was extremely exhausted. The hotel I booked prior was infested with roaches. Tabitha was patient, kind and accomodating. The room was clean and bug free, and the bed was so comfortable. The next morning we ate breakfast fit for kings and queens with a variety of food from fruit to biscuits and gravy. Quality Inn is synonomous with it's name-QUALITY INN!!!!

1 Thank Keisha B
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We never completed our 3-night reservation.
In our first room, both beds (pillows and between the sheets) were covered in black cat/dog hair. We were offered a second room. I pulled back the sheets and found an abundance of what appeared to be cookie crumbs. And more pet hair.
The staff was very nice and cooperative in cancelling my reservation. I even received a sincere apologetic phone call from the manager.
I was disappointed because I have read so many positive reviews. From now on, I will only stay at hotels with a NO PET policy.
First class staff, but I am not "pet friendly."

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashley S
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We arrived a day early & Naomi at the front desk was very helpful.The staff was very helpful & courteous. The whole stay was nice.

1 Thank Diana A
Buffalo NY
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Motel is older but clean and comfortable. Accessible room was more than adequate. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice continental breakfast area. Good coffee.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel has comfy beds with great mattresses and good showers, a very adequate breakfast included, and is quite clean and nice.
There is a Wendy's next door as well. Quiet and restful.....

The person I spoke with on the phone got us in early and was waiting for us and said hello to by name as we arrived.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wyndham Garden Summerville
Wyndham Garden Summerville
#5 of 10 in Summerville
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston Un...
#11 of 58 in North Charleston
Best Western Magnolia Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 10 in Summerville

Been to Quality Inn Goose Creek? Share your experiences!