“Average”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Not American owned! but is half the going rate of hotels in this town. If I was in this town I would stay here again. Breakfast is not worth writing about. A/C unit worked almost too good. Yes it is dumpy but was better than sleeping in the car

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 20, 2013

From the outside it looks pretty dumpy but the room was fairly decent and the staff at the front desk was nice. Suprisingly every room was occupied but I would recommend you stay elsewhere in town for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the map, I had thought we might be able to explore some of the old town, but it just seemed unsafe to even leave the room.

The place is run down, the rooms not very clean, the bed uncomfortable.

It's cheap, I will say that, but I wouldn't stop in Georgetown again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I would not recommend this place to the rats. I came here for my cousin wedding. We checkin and the TV didnt work they changed rooms. My husband came later got a room for us and the chain was off on the toilet which he fixed. The very nasty (being nice) called and said my kids were making to much noise they are 26&19 really. They said someone complained they only had maybe 5people checkin. The toilet ran over and the manager didnt bother to come see what the problem was. He said if you want 100% service we shouldve checkin another hotel. We should treat the bathroom like its our house. Nasty nasty nasty. I was born here and most of my family are still here. I would never come back to this dump and especially pay for 3 nights in advance. Customer service sucks and the manager/owner.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank msmona225
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Only stayed one night at the hotel, but for the price I couldn't have asked for better. We would be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank yuvip
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed for July4th weekand and the stay was very pleasant. The employees were very nice and the room was very clean. The location of the hotel was very conveniant, right between the historic area of the town and the main highway. I'll probably come back again when i go through this area in the future!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vinayp780
Reviewed November 20, 2010

It was the most horrible motel visit I've ever had! The stench from the bathroom was disgusting, something leaking in the back of the toilet and down the commode bowl. I was so totally exhausted from driving 12 hours that I thought I would be able to go sleep and get used to the smell. I did fall asleep for a couple of hours but it woke me up at 3am it was so bad. It got worse instead of better! I couldn't go back to sleep as much as I tried. So I just left.

I complained about it to the manager on duty when I left at 7am this morning. She acted like she had never heard of such a thing. I was angry, but treated her with respect, just telling her how awful the experience was and now I had to get back out on the road very tired.

NOW, I've had to stop much earlier than planned to get some sleep! I was allowed to check in early to another hotel in NC.

If I had only driven just a couple of blocks further I could have stayed at a decent place! Oh yeah, and there was no continental breakfast as advertised. I took pictures with my cell phone of the disgusting toilet and will report to the local health officials!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Visitor34230
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
#1 of 6 in Pawleys Island

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!