All reviewsroom was cleanmaintained groundsfree breakfast isthe ac unitpool area isolder hotelmini fridgeplace to stayno elevatorhot breakfastfront desk staffacross the streetcerealmarsh
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We used to go to this motel. When we would come to fish. But it got pretty bad with the bar . They had at the end of the buidling. Wasn't a good place to have a boat with you. But this was the first time in 12 years I been there. And they have removed the bar. And updated the rooms. And have a pretty good breakfast. All and all it wasn't a bad stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

Went to Georgetown to see the recent solar eclipse. Check-in was a zoo. We were supposed to be able to check in at 3pm, but had to sit around waiting for our room to be ready until about 4pm. Yes, I understand that you were busy, but being appropriately apologetic would have been nice. When we finally got to the room, it was filthy: 2 squashed bugs on the sofa bed, another 2 squashed bugs attached to the walls. After some going to and fro, they agreed to move us to a smaller room - at a higher price! After I protested, they gave me one night free - which worked out to a more reasonable price. The new room was cleaner, but not great. Breakfast is ok, but not very exciting.

After we got home, I got an email inviting me to comment on my stay. I responded with a generally negative set of comments. Towards the end of the comments, I was invited to post a review on their website. I wrote a generally negative review. In response, I got an email from the Sales Director of the hotel, apologizing for the inconveniences. But my review was never posted on their website (which says: "Real Guest Reviews. 100% Genuine Opinions."). I responded to the sales director, asking why the review had not been posted. But emails to that address repeatedly bounced. Similar emails to various email addresses from Choice Hotels' website have gone unanswered, as has a message via their FaceBook page. I note that there are no negative reviews on the hotels website. Leads me to believe that they simply don't post negative reviews. Wow!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank biz490
Management response:Responded September 15, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and blunt review of your experience at our property. Although we are not proud of the issues that you encountered while staying with us, we take FULL responsibility and have done our best to make things right with you. The front desk clerk issued you a complimentary night stay because of your inconveniences. I personally responded with an apology via our Brand Survey. At this point I am unsure as to what more we can do. This was one of the busiest check ins that we have experienced. We did everything within our power to make this an excellent stay for every guest that chose us. However, it appears that we failed to do that with you and for that we apologize again.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean and bed very comfortable. The grounds were very well maintained. The staff were all extremely friendly & informative about the local area. Breakfast had a nice selection of items to choose from. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a goody bag the morning of the 2017 eclipse, filled with viewing glasses, snacks, and bug repellent. Thank you Quality Inn for making our stay so nice & will definitely visit again!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2017

We found it to be pretty nice. The room was clean, we slept well, and the TV was OK. Breakfast was good. Our only complaint was that rooms were NOT ready by 3 PM as promised, and a whole line of people were TICKED OFF. The women behind the desk were too slow and lazy to offer an apology, or even pretend to be concerned.

Room Tip: Near a beautiful marina and the Ocean Highway bridge.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I stayed here the night before the solar eclipse. Even though the rooms are pretty basic, the pool area and courtyard give it a nice "resort" type feel. The pool and courtyard have beautiful landscape, nice palm trees, and plenty of tables and chairs to hang by the pool in the shade even if you don't want to get it. The free breakfast is a plus, along with the free wifi. The staff was nice as well for how busy they were. I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 21, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Each member of our team works very hard to ensure a great stay for EVERY guest. We all appreciate you taking the time to notice our efforts. Thank you and we look forward to having you back as our guest.