“Great Breakfast.”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Chester, Virginia
“Great Breakfast.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Just a short note to advise that the Quality Inn, Georgetown, SC is one of the better Quality Inns that I have used. The Breakfast even had hot eggs and sausage as well as gravy, waffles and all the usual. Very clean and up to date rooms. My wife and I visited the historic section of Georgetown and had good information from the Inn staff. By the way, across the road from the QI is the Lands End--be sure to eat there for Dinner.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2011

My first glimpse of what my night would be like was the huge, bearded drunk guy that stared at me while taking long swigs out of his long-neck bud. He watched me while I unloaded my car then slurred as I walked passed: "HEY, HEY, where's a good place to eat. But I'm on foot, now. I just walked here from Maryville, wherever the *expletive* that is." I mentioned this to the desk clerk but she seemed unconcerned.

When I opened the door to my room there were two things that immediately grabbed my attention: the smell and the texture of the floor. The smell was a medley of smoke and body odor. The carpet was matted down flat and sticky; walking on it barefooted was like walking on flypaper.

But my wife and I decided that we would make the best of it. So we tucked in our 4 year old and were fast asleep by 9:15 PM (we slept 1:15 minutes that night) . We were awakened at 10:30PM by the gentleman in the next room who received a phone call from what I assumed to have been one of his ‘coworkers’. His voice boomed through the thin wall that divided his room from our. He was soon joined by several others who droned on in angry baritones till 5:46AM (I am accurate about the time because I was watching the clock). Outside in the courtyard others were audible; male and female voices, some angry some jovial. What they were saying however was indistinct because of their accent which I will simply describe as primeval. Young women in tight clothing klick-claked up and down the concrete stairs all night.

Just to give some background, I spent time in El Salvador back in the ‘90s and saw quite a few things. I never stayed in a hotel there that was half as bad as the Quality Inn. Why did we not leave? We were simply afraid to leave the room.

Now they have my credit card number and are billing it claiming that I stayed there on other dates when I was nowhere near the wretched town. Where will it end?

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank johnchapmansc
GeorgetownQI, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Mr. Chapman
We try our best to provide a quiet, safe, clean and comfortable surrounding for all of our guests. When given the opportunity we like to correct any issues our guests have when they arise. We are a Platinum Award winning hotel several years running and we pride ourselves on our cleanliness as well as our outstanding customer service.
I am very sorry that you felt so unsatisfied with your experience at our property. We take all feedback very seriously, and genuinely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards when you visited, and for that I sincerely apologize.
Anacortes
Reviewed May 28, 2010

What a delightful find. The room had everything you could ask for. The bed was comfy and the pillows just right. The front desk clerk was a sweetheart and told us of a great place to eat in the main part of town. We spent the entire evening walking around the downtown area as its quite scenic along the river. The breakfast the next morning was the best we have had for a long time. Everything from waffles to eggs to cereal and juice. A great stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Podunct
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2009

The room was clean, beds were plush, had a large TV with cable, mini fridge, coffee maker, the usual. It was nice and quiet in the room. They served a continental breakfast where you could make your own fluffy Belgian waffles. There's an office in front with scores of attraction fliers so you can see what there is to do in the area. They even looked up driving directions for us to the Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach and printed them out for us. The staff is very friendly and my kids had a blast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Georgetown.

Do yourself a favor and stay here. Avoid the Carolinian if at all possible. I stayed there for two days and it was horrible. I wish my whole trip had been at the Quality Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank EmeraldTokyo
mzad811
Reviewed April 15, 2009

reservation problem and GM had an attitude...used condom in fold-out bed

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2008

We are from Orlando, Fl., was there celebrating our wedding anniversay and also visited Andrews, SC to the Church Gospel Meeting at the Church of Christ. The people were very nice to us. They invited us to dinner and the food was great,smiles. We checked in the hotel at 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 25, '08 and the front desk staff was very nice. She gave us all the information that we needed. We parked and had to go upstairs and around the pool side to our room. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The room was clean every night when we came back to the hotel. We stayed for 3 nights and the continential breakfast was above great. The waffee maker was the best,smiles. They had cold cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, boiled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, milk, tea, no hot grits, but only the packet instant grits and oatmeal. We enjoyed the breakfast very much and watch t.v. while eating. The price was a little higher than the other hotels around but we did enjoy ourselves. The back parking lot smells bad at times. We were told that it was the paper mill factory, the smoke goes in the air, we did see the mill when we visited Georgetown. We went on a Georgetown tour in the back of the buggy, took photos. The restaurant next to the rice museum, is a must. I had crabcake burger, Fried green tomotatoes, shepards pie and mac n cheese, the old lady sitting next to us, well! the young lady, her onion rings sure did look good and they give you plenty to eat for your money,smiles, yum! yum! We would stay here again. It was cold but we slept very good and we felt safe. Our car was fine. We were concerned because we could not see our car but we did see security every now and then on the property. The people in Georgetown was very nice to us. We were concerned since we were a mixed couple visiting a town that has very strong ties to racial and slave histories. We were given a strong and fantastic history (comentary&tour). I forgot the name of the tour company but it's across the street and about two houses down from the rice museum, they also have a gift shop in the house,smiles. Very nice people, made us feel like family. I found a gift for my school professors wedding,smiles. We walked around all over Georgetown, on the pier and in the shops. We hope to go back and visit again soon in the future. LB.

• Liked — The continential breakfast
  • Disliked — I could not see my car in the parking lot and had to walk a lot to bring my stuff in and out of the room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank labee57
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I'll first start off by saying we are 'hotel snobs', usually staying at the top hotel in the city, and avoiding american chain hotels. We stayed at Quality Inn for 2 nights as we were in town for a wedding. It delivered as promised - a basic room, very good service, and a decent breakfast.

I was impressed with the quality of service I received at check in / as well as making the reservation over the phone. The hotel staff was quite knowledgable about the area.

Breakfast included the 'do-it-yourself' belgian waffle maker - a nice treat!

The room was clean - but pretty basic. We were on the ground floor - which I can't ever remember having a ground floor room (I warned you I'm a snob!!) There is a decent hairdryer - but the bathroom ceiling I found to be unusually low (I'm 5'7" and when showering / arms in the air they hit the ceiling.) One downer was that our room didn't get cleaned -- probably cause we were in the room until 10ish - then returned from 12-2pm to get ready for the wedding with the Do Not Disturb on the door. No big deal - I can manage one night without my room cleaned as long as I get some towels.

I stayed there as out of the 3 hotels in the area (Jamison, Quality, and Hampton) Quality had the best reviews on trip advisor, AND was the least expensive.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank Service_Sommelier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
BEST WESTERN Pawleys Island
BEST WESTERN Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!