“My hometown 'go to' everytime!”
Review of River Room

River Room
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Georgetown
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The River Room has served delectable coastal-influenced fare to a tremendous following of loyal patrons since 1984.Moderately-priced lunch items include our World Famous Shrimp and Grits, Shrimp Creole and Pecan Chicken Salad served with apples and grapes.The dinner menu features fresh, grilled fish such as Carolina grouper, yellow-fin tuna and Atlantic salmon. Chef specialties include Herb-crusted Grouper, McClellanville Crab Cakes and Twin Filets of Beef with Blue Cheese ButterThe River Room is located in the historic J.B. Steel Building.In 1888 when the J.B. Steele Building opened, it housed two businesses known as the Steele-Moses stores. Downstairs, customers inspected dry goods and groceries displayed on massive hardwood counters, and upstairs they could be fitted for custom-made hats.Today, the building’s history is evident throughout and is enhanced with tasteful nostalgic décor. The dining room extends 50 feet into the Sampit River; its panoramic windows offer expansive harbor views. Nautical and turn-of-the-century antiques are on display, and an intimate bar showcases the restaurant’s wine collection.Children will surely make a beeline for the giant reef aquarium filled with colorful sea life.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have been eating at the RiverRoom for all of their 25 years. I have NEVER had a bad experience with either the food or service. Sally runs an excellent establishment and Joe Ohara is an excellent Chef. The Herb encrusted Grouper with citris mojo is my favorite seafood dish and the Ribeye Oscar my beef dish. The appetizers are excellent and always a family favorite. My daughter LOVES the Peanut Butter pie for dessert. Visit them for lunch or dinner and I think you will agree.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great place just really packed at night and the dinner prices literally double the lunch price even on the same item.

1  Thank J_lock85
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This has got to be the finest restaurant in Georgetown. The Ribeye Oscar is to die for, their clam chowder is the best you'll ever have and they have a delicious Shepard's pie

1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The day was beautiful, the Kaminski House tour worth every minute, and our lunch here made the visit completely satisfying. My husband had the softshell crab sandwich and I had Caesar salad with fried oysters. We split the bread pudding for dessert (unable to resist it after we saw three orders pass our table!). Everything was delicious, the room cozy and comfortable, and the service neither rushed nor dragging. Robin, who waited on us, was fantastically welcoming and helpful--and fun!

1  Thank Shelby K
Reviewed March 9, 2013

After reading what the people from the lands across the Mason-Dixon Line said. I want to say that I have always had the best food in Georgetown. The crab cakes and the steaks ar alway great and always good service.

2  Thank JayBazemore