“breakfast and lunch”
Review of Thomas Cafe

Thomas Cafe
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Georgetown
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Old fashion cafe that we have been eating at for 25 years. Great home fries for breakfast. Blue plate special for lunch are great with old fashion country cooking.

1  Thank Sharon M
There are newer reviews for Thomas Cafe

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our family discovered this place on vacation at pawleys island 3 years ago and have been coming back ever since then! The waitresses are very friendly and make you feel at home. The shrimp and grits are a must try!

1  Thank 15andfabulous
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've been to Thomas Cafe twice now and this time will definitely be my last. Both times I've been in there I was greeted with hostility. I came in before others and they were served immediately (with no reservation) and I had to wait. The server never asked if I was dining in or out and made everything I had to go. While I was waiting on my food she proceeded to take all the silverware out and dump it on the counter right in front of me and start cleaning cutlery as if I was not there. That was the first time. The second time the servers were rude yet again (different servers) and proceeded to make me feel uncomfortable. She would not touch the money I offered her out of my hand nor place my change in my hand. The other lady too would not place my bag in my hand, but insteaddropped it on the counter and proceeded to talk to someone else and throw over her shoulder "THIS IS YOURS". If you haven't guessed, I'm an African- American. I've heard such great things about Thomas Cafe but clearly race seems to be a problem there. They will never get my business again and I shall make sure to tell all my friends and family about our encounters. If it's any consolation, the food is really good.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

You don't have to spend a lot to get a good low country meal. I love fried green tomatoes but couldn't resist the lunch special for $7.95. Ham or garlic chicken, three sides, biscuit or cornbread and/or coffee-tea. So instead of a full basket of tomatoes I got a 1/2 basket and still couldn't finish. Location isn't fancy but the atmosphere is friendly and great service.

1  Thank Gail P
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Me and my husband decided to go see this little town. It was a nice ride- we were hungry and I love little places that have Southern charm. Thomas"!!!! My hubby had the Shrimp n grits ( comes with fried green tomatoes) He loved it. I had the crabcake sandwich with homemade fries. We plan on going back next time we are down. Yes it takes a bit to get your food but it is worth it. Service is friendly with a smile.

3  Thank Debbie K