“Krazy indeed”

Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Had a horrible visit to the krazy fish. As i walked into the door i first hand witnessed the owner of the restaurant screaming and cursing profanely at his staff then when served food it was enough to maybe fill my 8 year old. then while eating more profane language coming from the back of the restaurant. My entire meal was spent battling flies and having to over talk profane language. When time to pay i was told twice that they could not give me change that i needed. i was trying to pay with 3 twenties. my bill was 57 dollars. there also appeared to be 4 underaged kids drinking beer at the bar and the smell of marijuana was pronounce as my family and i exited the restaurant, hands down worst restaurant experience ever.

3  Thank Steven T
There are newer reviews for The WildFish Grill

Reviewed October 2, 2012

In September my husband and I searched our AAA South Carolina travel book for a good restaurant in Georgetown. We were on a motor trip south from PA with stops in Williamsburg and Myrtle Beach with Charleston as our final destination. AAA suggested a couple of restaurants on Front Street so we ventured the length of the street. Instead of choosing one of the suggested restaurants, we were intrigued with the appearance of the Krazy Fish. The posted menu included many low country dishes and one of the wait staff said the restaurant had the best shrimp and grits in town, so we were "hooked". Not only did our waiter make suggestions, but the chef came to our table to tell us about his offerings for the day. I had the blackened Mahi Mahi fish tacos and my husband had the shrimp and grits. The chef also brought us samples of the alligator and corn chowder! Prices: Mahi Mahi was $9.95 and the shrimp and grits was $13.25. The food was excellent. If the restaurant would have been open early enough on our return from a week on the Carnival Fantasy, we would have been back at the Krazy Fish for more.

1  Thank SeasonedTraveler063
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Absolutely the best and most flavorful food I've had in a very long time! Try the clams special for lunch or the mussels special for dinner! (The "shrimp and grits" also is very good!) The owner not only described the specials for the day -- but, prepared them as well! Very Good Food!

1  Thank max723
Reviewed July 19, 2012

After experiencing the attitude of the staff in this establishment, we decided against sitting down and buying a meal and just bought a drink and left.

Our crime? Asking for directions, at which point they lied to us to try and get rid of us, assuming we were merely freeloaders wanting to use their bathroom. We weren't - we had our own bathroom in our RV!

So the result of their being unfriendly and dismissive was they didn't get our business - in fact we drove right through Georgetown so the town can blame them for us not staying and spending our money in tough times - and I relcuctantly write this so-so review to let others know what they are like.

3  Thank TheEscapeGoat
FrontStreetFoodie, Owner at The WildFish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Can you please tell me more specifically what happened and who you dealt with. I am currently out of town and would really appreciate more information so I can appropriately address the issue. Without more information I cannot correct the issue, and I would really like to know what happened and whobwas responsible. Thank you.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We came across this place looking for some good wine and we loved this store! It had a great selection for anyone that loves to cook. We grabbed a few good items that we needed for steaming clams.

The owner is fantastic and she is very helpful!

1  Thank heathgirly