“A great place to wait out a hurricane!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alfresco Bistro

Alfresco Bistro
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“A great place to wait out a hurricane!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Our lunch was delicious! I enjoyed a creamy pimento cheese sandwich on sourdough with a cup of lobster bisque and a side salad. My husband enjoyed a lightly fried flounder sandwich served on cibatta with a side of fresh fruit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank o2see

Wrightsville Beach, NC
“Alfresco Bistro should be #1 in Georgetown”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My previous favorite Georgetown restaurant was Rice Paddy, which was subsequently sold, the new owners not keeping the excellence of this great restaurant alive, a sad result considering the amazing space and previous quality. They recently closed down for lunch, a surprise find as my wife and I drove out of our way to give it another chance. We were about to head to Chive Blossom, another great option just on the mainland of Pawleys Island when a shop owner mentioned Alfresco Bistro, saying it was well worth a visit. We decide to give it a try and am so glad we did as we found our new spot for lunch in Georgetown, SC.

Alfresco Bistro was excellent in all aspects this day with personable service and a great atmosphere out on the sidewalk in the shade with cloth covered tables under the trees, each table with fresh flowers. I had one of the specials of the day, consisting of Grilled Grouper, roasted Potatoes, and sauteed Asparagus, with an artistic dotting of sauce around the plate. The key to great seafood is two-fold: It has to be FRESH and it has to be COOKED CORRECTLY. The chef at Alfresco Bistro nailed it on both counts with an amazingly moist, succulent piece of fish, with a hint of crisp on the outside and flaky,tender,not dry perfection inside. A great bistro should use simple, excellent ingredients with great spicing to create bold and robust flavor. Again, this was accomplished with aplomb. The olive oil and spices tasted of quality and as if the chef had great feel. The Asparagus was perfectly done as was the roasted potato. It was a hot day and I ordered a Blue Moon, a great summer beer.

My wife had a glass of the house Pinot Grigio along with the house Crab Salad. She was very happy with it and although I thought my option won the imaginary battle between the two, I have to say it was a nice choice.

One thing of note here. Alfresco Bistro is VERY reasonably priced, especially for this level of quality and experience. They had inexpensive options on the wine list and all the entries, sandwiches, and salads were priced less than the competition at places like Chive Blossom, another local favorite.

Next time in Georgetown, I hope to try this excellent spot for dinner as it looks to be a stellar choice. The interior is not quite as compelling as the Rice Paddy's space but it looks intimate with low lighting and tastefully done. Look forward to our next visit. Judging by the amount of locals that were at the tables around us, it's a good bet.

On another front, I was somewhere surprised to find Reflections Grill as #1 though do admit that for its type, the food DID look good from a walk-by. Looked very casual and a fun stop for some fried options. This place is RIGHT NEXT To Alfresco Bistro but thankfully far enough where you can't hear the Top 40 radio station blaring at the customers. To me, the vibe at Alfresco was just what we were looking for.

Hope your experience was as good as ours. Wish I had some more shots of the restaurant but got a few of the food and feel of the afternoon.

- kh

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank abstrait
Georgetown, South Carolina
“2nd Visit: Great dinner!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I previously reviewed this restaurant based on a lunch visit several months ago and it wasn't very favorable; however, since then, I've had another meal there and I have to say it was a great meal for a very reasonable price.

We went on a Friday night and sat at the outdoor bar to listen to the jazz guitarist. We ordered from the bar menu and had a wonderful 4oz Filet Mignon with perfectly cooked potato and asparagus, served by a friendly and attentive bartender.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Deb S
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Worth repeat visits”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our second visit for dinner. The first time we sat inside, this time outside under cover on the side patio. We were a large group of fourteen with varying dining selections. Some had simply soup, salad and an appetizer while others had complete dinners. All of which were excellent and not just your run of the mill Italian. One of the specials was beef tenderloin served over parmesan risotto...wow...delicious! The wait staff was attentive throughout the meal refilling water glasses, bringing out baskets of bread and checking to be sure everyone had whatever they needed. Although there is limited seating, we were never rushed. Tartufo and many nice Italian wines by the glass gave reason to linger.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sandi R
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Georgetown Jewel”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had lunch at Alfresco Bistro. We ate inside, but there is outside sidewalk seating. The food and service were excellent! So glad it was recommended to us!

• Visited May 2014