“Serious food”

Alfresco Bistro
Ranked #9 of 72 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alfresco Bistro is an authentic Italian Restaurant. We are located in the heart of Georgetown on Front St! We offer Lunch and Dinner daily! We also have a large assorted Brunch Buffet every Sunday. We have a live band every Friday and Saturday Night from 7 until 10! Come join us and bring your friends and family!
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great ingredients and great presentation! We enjoyed the variety and will come back. The menu was full of charming choices, interesting combinations, and featured the sort of food that every aspiring restaurant should study. Also, not expensive.

1  Thank TreforT

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were in Georgetown for one night, just passing thru, read reviews, so tried it! We sat outside, it was very pleasant, our server was very good, salad, and drinks were very good. I would recommend it

1  Thank dunbar28
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

It seemed to be really cute from the outside... Inside it was small which is fine but with no a/c in July for Sunday brunch!!! Come on. So, we decided if we were going to be hot, lets at least not be so cramped. Very cute outside dining area... Table cloths, flowers, etc and certainly more room than inside. Our server seem very nice maybe a little nervous but was sweating really bad... To the point I was worried he might drip into our food. And I do know that it was very warm inside and put but he could have at least wiped his face in private occasionally. As far as the food... My salad seemed a little wilted and bland. I'm not sure if it was from having no a/c or just old. My friend had a turkey wrap that he said was just ok... thin with very little meat. Come on... $10 for that wrap was a joke. Clearly this owner does not want repeat business.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My sister and I were surprised and delighted by the taste and the presentation of the food at lunch at this restaurant. The California Cobb Salad presentation was beautiful--I should have taken a picture. The greens were fresh, the portion was ample, the dressing was not overpowering. And my sister's salad looked just as delicious. I mentioned that it was my sister's birthday, and the restaurant generously presented her with a piece of terrific tres leches cake with fruit. A lovely end to a delightful lunch. Though I live an hour away from Georgetown, I now have a new reason to visit there with some frequency.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is a jewel. We've eaten here for lunch and dinner several times- always good-and their regular menu is fantastic but their specials are really the "cuisine" you don't expect in this quiet seaside city. If they have the braised shortrib meat sauce with penne pasta as a special, GET IT! Also amazing is their she crab soup, tuna salad (this is NOT your mama's tuna salad) lobster mac-n-cheese and wine list (even really good wines by the glass). The chef here is well-known (this is where the other chefs eat!) and we're so glad he has his own place to show-off his talent! Danielle was so very nice and helpful with suggesting a fantastic wine I would never have tried but it was PERFECT!

1  Thank Teri S