“Sailing from the Dock of the Bay”

Wallace Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: You will be sailing on a beautiful 40 foot Beneteau yacht which is kept in the best condition possible. I am the Captain of this vessel which is named "Dream Merchant". Sailing for me is a way of life. I receive a tremendous amount of enjoyment taking my guests sailing and making sure they have a wonderful experience. This is the easiest job I have ever had and would not want another. Come sail with me and get a feel of what it is like to live and travel on a sailing yacht. See the wild life in their natural habitat. You will be away from all the crowds.... just you, me, and your family or friends. I am sure when you disembark, you will feel relaxed, mentally refreshed, and will have totally forgotten about the stress of your daily routine. See you on Dream Merchant.
jefferson,south carolina USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sailing from the Dock of the Bay”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

First off, Capt Dave met us early at the dock and what a nice guy he is. We motored out in his dinghy to his beautiful 40ft sail boat and toured out into the bay. There he raised the sails and we were under way. He explained all our questions about sailing and even let me take a turn at the helm. We thoroughly enjoyed our day out on the bay, and will be going back for sure. I would highly recommend this outing for anyone. He can take up to 6 and you choose how many hours you want so it is really very affordable.

Visited September 2013
wallacesailing, Owner at Wallace Sailing Charters, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
I had a great time with you all. I hope you continue with your sailing and will see you again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great evening with Captain Dave! It was the "highlight of our trip!"”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I would recommend this to anyone in the area! It is very rare to encounter someone so passionate about what they are doing and not just going through the motions to make a buck! Had a fabulous time!!

1 Thank Mistyautumn79
wallacesailing, Owner at Wallace Sailing Charters, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you Misty for taking your friends and family sailing with me. I enjoyed having all of you. I hope to see you again the next time you are here. Captain Dave
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Real Professional”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Captain Dave, possessed great knowledge of the boat, surrounding area and all necessary sailing condition. His quiet manner lead to a very relaxing tour. We will make this a yearly event in our vacation plans.
Thanks for a great day
Jim & Arleen

1 Thank Jim M
Thanks Jim and Arleen for sailing with me and taking the time to write a review. I hope to see you again the next time you would like to go sailing. Thanks, Captain Dave
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Smooth Sailing”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you like boating you will definitely like sailing with Captain Dave on Winyah Bay at Georgetown. Met Captain Dave at the Clock Tower in Georgtown, and he did the rest. Sailing is so relaxing with no engine noise, just the wind. Bring a picnic lunch or just enjoy the sail. Captain Dave will make sure you enjoy the trip. You won't be disappointed!

William

Visited August 2013
2 Thank William F
wallacesailing, Owner at Wallace Sailing Charters, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you William for sailing with me. I hope we can spend some sailing time again together in the future. It makes me happy to know you all enjoyed your cruise and I will look forward to seeing you all again, Captain Dave
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“By far best experience and best value!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our sailing adventure with Captain Dave was the best excursion I've had on vacation!!! The price was great and we did not want to leave!! Dave was extremely accommodating and personable and made us feel right at home! We did a 2 hour sail, but captain Dave gave us a bit longer trip because he wanted us to get the full sailing experience and we needed more time with the wind behind the sails!!! He also took some amazing shots which I loved!! Our family all had a great time and we couldn't ask for a better captain!! Without a doubt I would book again!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sharita22
Thank you Sharita for taking the time to write a review. As you all ready know, I enjoyed the afternoon sailing with you all tremendously. You are always welcome to come sailing again no matter where I might be. Thanks, Captain Dave