“Good overnight stop”

Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The room was fine for an older hotel. My husband was pleased because we were able to get a smoking room. Breakfast selection was very small as was the dining area but it was clean. Rooms open directly to the outside which was fine but we do prefer to stay in a place with hallway access.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina

Reviewed July 16, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Reviewed July 14, 2014

From my previous stays at Baymont Inns, I expected newer and higher quality accommodations. The walls were cracking, the bathroom and sink facilities were old and not on par with my expectations for this hotel chain. The room also had a moldy smell that was not pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The front desk staff was incredibly rude, any complaint made would be met by accusations of "yelling". The floor in our room was wet, there was a huge hole in the wall. The door to the bathroom was falling off its hinges, and the room felt dirty. We had booked two nonsmoking rooms for our group of 7, and got 1 smoking 1 nonsmoking even after explaining that my wife was pregnant and two of the children had severe allergies to cigarette smoke. We felt fortunate to get the 1 nonsmoking room, as the front desk staff were rude and even threatened to cancel our reservation and kick us out.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had a family reunion to attend in Santee South Carolina, and needed a relatively cheap hotel to stay in. I booked this hotel because 1)the rest of my family was staying there, and 2)Myrtle beach prices were outrageous for July 4th weekend.

The hotel is a 1 hour ride from Myrtle beach (in traffic), so if you're visiting Myrtle beach, you can obviously do better location wise. There were a couple of fast food restaurants (Hardies, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Sonic) that were between a 5 and 20 minute drive from the hotel, so you're not stranded for food (and some of them were open until 12am!). Not much to say on it's location. Again, if you're looking for something near the beach, this ain't it!

The hotel room seemed clean to my boyfriend and I. No hair in the shower or sink (the sink wasn't in the bathroom, why is that always the case in the south?! lol), and the room didn't have an weird smells. The furniture was obviously outdated, and scratched, and there was water damage on the wall in the bathroom. Nothing to cry about, but something that could be easily fixed. HOWEVER, I know what I paid for this room on a holiday weekend, so I wasn't expecting much.

My only real complaint is the customer service, on more than one occasion. We got to the hotel at about 1:45pm, and check in wasn't until 3. I've arrived at hotels early before, and there was no problem with an early check-in, but I understand it's a holiday weekend and the room wasn't available, that's fine. However, we'd driven 12 hours, and needed to use the bathroom, badly... We were told they couldn't help us because the lobby had no bathroom. What?! Then as we're turning around to leave (we used the bathroom at the Taco bell across the road from the hotel by the way) one of the workers yells at me from across the lobby that dogs weren't allowed in the lobby. A) how would I know that? You're establishment accepts a fee for having a dog in the room, how would I know that dogs are not allowed anywhere but in the room that you're staying in, and b)why are you yelling at me?! My boyfriend, who's usually the calm and collected one got irritated, so I knew it was time to go. Southern hospitality my patootie! The girl at the front desk who checked us in was pretty unfriendly, and the girl another person cleaning the grounds snarled at me that my dog had to be on a leash when walking the grounds... I was going to the ice room, really?! I could've reciprocated with rudeness, and everything could've gone south. It didn't. If I'm ever in Georgetown again, I'll make sure to book early, at another establishment!

Room Tip: They said there was free wifi, but my phone, and iPad couldn't not locate it. Since we were met...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Best Western Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina? Share your experiences!