“Great breakfast , clean room and lovely view from room 407”

Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The room was clean, great view from window in block 3/4 we had room 407. Nice chair and a desk for my husband to work at. The free breakfast was good could make waffles and bagels, toast and cereals of course Donna was lovely and helpful. would stay again.. A mile from old town but right on the estuary.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eyam
GeorgetownSC, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and appreciate so much that you took the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had no problem renting a room on a Friday night, end of September. Top floor facing the river is a great view. Complimentary breakfast and great service. Also, the king sized beds are super dreamy!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeorgetownSC, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear sarahstars,

We are so pleased that you find our “Dreamium” beds comfortable. We take pride in offering great customer service and hope that you will stay with us again soon. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to Charleston. It's a very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were interested in getting pizza for dinner, and were planning on going to a place based on the reviews on here, but they recommended a local pizza place (Tony's) that was phenomenal. They also told us to go to the waterfront section of town to enjoy ourselves. Georgetown has a very nice river walk.

The rooms are pretty nice and the bed is comfortable. They also offer a decent breakfast with waffles, cereals, and pastries. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GeorgetownSC, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were comfortable in one of our "Dreamium" beds. We are a perfect stopping point between Myrtle Beach and Charleston and the boardwalk and historic district are a beautiful area to spend a day walking, shopping, and learning about the history of our area. I'm happy that you took our recommendation and went to Tony's for dinner. It's one of my personal favorites. I really appreciate the time you took to write a review and hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel was clean and service was very good. We were delightfully surprised and our expectations were exceeded. The hotel is an older hotel but we really had not complaints. Great value for the money. We did not eat the breakfast but it did look plentiful and fresh.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
GeorgetownSC, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear gbnsc,

It’s wonderful to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We do our very best to welcome our guests with great customer service and clean rooms. I hope that you will be able to enjoy our deluxe continental breakfast the next time you stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I were traveling north on Route 17 and was exhausted. We decided to stay overnight in Georgetown. We stopped at the first available hotel to find their rates rather expensive. We found a coupon in the highway travel coupon book for the Jameson Inn and went next door.

The Inn sets back from the road. We got the room at the discount rate and found it near the office. This Inn is what would be considered a motel with the bedroom doors to the outside. It was actually nice to have our car right outside the door.

The room was clean & had a refrigerator, microwave, and free wifi for the computer. The furniture was worn, but the bed was comfortable. We had a dip in the outside pool and tried out the exercise equipment in the fitness room. The treadmill wouldn't work. Nevertheless, we had a very pleasant evening. The pool area was nicely landscaped.

The next morning we found an ample breakfast. Overall, the stay was a good experience & we'd stay here again if we're ever in Georgetown.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GeorgetownSC, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear ConniesAdventures,

I’m very pleased that you rested well in one of our “Dreamium” beds. I enjoyed the pictures you posted with your review. I’m sorry to hear that the treadmill did not work when you were here, but I’m glad you were able to use the stair climbing machine. Our new treadmill arrived this week. The time you took to review our hotel is very much appreciated. I noticed that you have written many reviews and therefore, must travel often. I hope that your experience in Georgetown will influence you to stay at some of our other locations during your future travels. Again, thanks so much for taking time from your day to review our hotel.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The amazing customer service and cleanliness of the rooms outweigh the old run down appearance. You could easily stay across the street for a more modern but I doubt they would give you the same customer service. My husband and I were traveling with one of his bands and we had to leave one hotel at 11am but check in wasn't until 3pm or so at Jameson. This wouldn't have been a problem in normal circumstances but it was about 102 outside and we couldn't leave the equipment in the car. I called and the front desk said we could check in anytime, they had a room ready. The room was VERY clean but also very dated with a dark green carpet, old bathroom and vanity and an older TV. The beds however were very comfy and the room came with a college style micro-fridge. The pool looked nice and well maintained although I didn't use it due to the excessive heat. The fitness center was also well maintained but had some older/broken equipment in it. I would stay here again in a pinch because of the cleanliness and customer service. I hope the Jameson Inn continues to make improvements so the look of their Inn matches the great job their employees are doing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Rachel W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very pleased that we were able to accommodate your early check in request and that you were happy with our cleanliness and customer service. Our company is now replacing the older televisions with new 37" flat screen models and we are looking forward to other updates soon as well. We hope that if you come back to Georgetown, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Very clean rooms, convenient location and the staff is excellent. The mgr, Ginger, mks me feel like I'm her only customer...

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back building, great view of marsh and no road noise.