“Tasty food and great staff.”
Review of Limpin' Jane's - CLOSED

Limpin' Jane's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

It was a nice quiet Sunday when we visited. Everyone greeted us warmly and we felt right at home. We ate on the small back porch that's right on the boardwalk. We ordered the fried chicken sandwich and the fried oyster poboy. They were lightly breaded and not oily at all. It was perfect. The bread on both sandwiches was really good and tasted fresh. We heard the bartender say that during the summer they're going to have a ton of fresh produce, farm eggs, and possibly some rabbit dishes. This was a great recommendation and were glad they were one of the few restaurants open on Sunday.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a wonderful place! We were greeted as soon as we walked through the door. Our server was great and made us feel like family. The quality of the food is as good as anything you'll get in Charleston without the pretense - the atmosphere is really comfortable and relaxed. We had the fried green tomatoes which were unique because they were not the large slices you usually see but made from smaller tomatoes, which was nice. The sauce was delicious. I had a hard time deciding between the local shrimp or oyster po' boy. I went with the oyster and it was packed with succulent oysters that were fried but not over-cooked (like many places tend to do) and obviously very fresh. My friend had the crab and scallop cakes that had a knock-out presentation the likes of which I've never seen. They also tasted perfect. We were pretty full but our server recommend the homemade chocolate pudding for dessert and it was soooo worth it. I will definitely be back next time I'm anywhere near Georgetown! Maybe when it's a little warmer so I can sit on the back deck with the great harbor view.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was poking around Georgetown, SC and decided to give this restaurant a try. An artist whose colorful creations adorn the walls was sitting outside and invited me in to see his works. The menu looked interesting and I chose to dine there. The server brought some cheese biscuits to the table. They were very light, very tasty, and a wonderful consistency. I decided to try the blackened catfish roll with a side of greens. The fish was quite peppery hot and I put the greens on top to cut down the bite a bit. The bun the fish was served on was also fresh and tasty. The service was fast and friendly. They also have outside dining on the water. Overall a very enjoyable lunchtime experience in a unique atmosphere with great food. I will return on my next visit to the Georgetown.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Came across this terrific restaurant while walking the Harborwalk. Walking in the door was so inviting and the music playing made it even more inviting. Very unique. Amazing artwork throughout. Food outstanding with a unique flair and service was as good. Will definitely return.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Wonderful food, great service and fantastic atmosphere! Love the decor and artwork. Great food! Love it! Recommend to everyone!