“Terrible”

Limpin' Jane's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stay away from this one, not sure which was worse, the service, ambiance or the food, probably a tie, all were incredibly poor, after reading other recviews I am sure there must have been some management changes, other descriptions do not bear any resemblance to what we experienced, all eight of us thought it was very poor!

There are newer reviews for Limpin' Jane's

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I haven't ordered fried seafood in 25 years....boy am I glad I waited for Limpin' Jane's! My family and I ate here after a long day of inshore fishing. We were starving by 5pm and found this gem after a fishing captain suggested it....Tara, the owner and chef, took time to speak to our family and tell us her favorite dishes.

Our waitress, Crystal, brought us a plate of cheese biscuits that were melt in your mouth great. We ordered the wedge salad and fried pickles to start. Both were very good and the pickles were fried in the best batter. My husband and I split the seafood platter and we weren't disappointed. The batter is key (as with the pickles) and this fried seafood literally tasted healthy! The kids ordered the crab and scallop cakes and the kid's hamburger and loved them. My son said the braised greens with his cakes were the best greens he had ever ordered and the whipped potatoes were great too.

The restaurant was beautifully decorated and very clean with a number of locals eating- that, to us, is always a good sign.
They also have a vegan menu, but we didn't order from it.

We'll be back again for sure!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

A very relaxed cozy atmosphere with the most AWESOME staff members! Everyone is down to earth and very friendly. The food is amazing! From the Crab and Scallop cakes, Spinach dip, St. Louis Ribs, Shrimp and Grits, Prime Beef, Fresh from the FARM vegetables, everything is awesome! Chef Tara and her boys are on point with any dish you order lunch or dinner. I have been there many times and never been disappointed with anything. Cheapest drinks in the whole town! Great entertainment on the back deck every weekend. It's like my home away from home! Great Job Bryan and Tara!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

What fun. My husband & I took our 20 something nieces to lunch. On alarm, we picked Limpin Jane's because we loved the name. The owner/owners were on sight, friendly and very relaxed, which put us all in the same relaxed mood. My 21 year old niece, who has traveled all over the world, order grits and shrimp. She had no idea what to expect. When our food came-- beautifully presented-- I heard a noise next to me..I looked at my neice and she just was smiling, saying mmmmmmmmm this is incredible! All in all, I would go back every time I'm in the area..probably more than once!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

As one of the other reviewers experienced, we found it empty of customers when we walked in. We thought of leaving, but didn't. Boy, were we glad we didn't. Our meals were excellent. I'm more adventurous in my choices. I chose the eggplant parmegiana sandwich special and enjoyed every single bite. I'd like to try to duplicate it at home. The good ole boy southerner I went with is not so adventurous. He chose the fried oyster po'boy and went way out on a limb and got...french fries as his side. This was the first time I have ever seen him not pour a ton of salt and pepper on his fries. They were seasoned perfectly! The oysters on his sandwich were fresh, not overly breaded, nor overly cooked. He was more than pleased with his meal. As we pulled into our drive at home, he announced, "This was a very successful lunch adventure."

We agreed that its a little pricey. Since we are on fixed incomes, we pick and chose our dining out choices rather carefully. While I can't say this will be a weekly or bi-weekly option for us, we will be back.