“Amazing fun time!”

Rover Boat Tours - Carolina Rover
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: JOIN US FOR A SHELLING AND LIGHTHOUSE CRUISE ABOARD THE CAROLINA ROVER! The Carolina Rover will take you, your family and friends out on a 3 - 4 hour Eco-tourism cruise that is guaranteed to be unlike any other attraction along the Grand Strand. Our comfortable shaded 40 ft. Pontoon boat will cruise on smooth inland waters to a remote barrier island where the Winyah Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean. We take you through a bird-watcher's paradise to South Carolina's oldest lighthouse, the Georgetown Light, 1811, that lit the way for two centuries for seafarers. You will then be able to explore and beachcomb where the sea unfolds her secrets depositing an ever-changing array of shelling opportunities. During this adventure you will see the sight of the Civil War wreck of the Union flagship, the USS Harvest Moon, and our naturalists will give an informative commentary on the historic plantation tidelands. Keep an eye out for such wildlife as Dolphins, Bald Eagles, Alligators, and Sturgeon! This cruise is a wonderful unique experience for all ages.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I took the shelling/ lighthouse tour yesterday. It is a trip I had looked forward to for years. Before booking the trip I knew nothing about the company or crew at Rover Boat Tours. Today I would like to thank them all again for a fantastic experience! The guide was extremely knowledgeable and shared information about the history of the area and the birds and other wild life present. He never once bored me and I have a rather short attention span. The Captain was professional and yet still took time to talk to each guest asking where we were from and interacting with us as we boarded and during the trip. It was heartwarming to see how they treated the children. The smiles and giggles told how very much the little ones were enjoying the attention and the trip. We do not have grandchildren yet but I will bring them on this cruise when we do. I may even have to borrow some from my friends for practice! I strongly and genuinely recommend this trip for couples wanting to spend time together as we did as well as families wanting to build lasting memories.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I took this trip on August 7th and we had a great time! The shells were beautiful, we saw dolphins, pelicans, and the lighthouse. We only wished we could of stayed on the island longer. My husband was hoping we could get left there and come back with a later tour. :) We will do this tour again for sure!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

4 of us had a most enjoyable trip on the Carolina Rover, fun boat ride, looking for shells, and learning lots of local history from a super and engaging guide!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

My family had a great time on our cruise. My son found an awsome shell on Noth Island and even got to drive the boat. The guides did a great job giving us some history on the area. I would recommend this trip.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Well worth the drive from Myrtle Beach to Georgetown. The whole family, kids included, had a tremendous time...from age 5 - 15. The boat ride, the dolphins, the history, and YES the shelling was great. We would do again and again.