“Great seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Went for lunch and had excellent experience! Waitress and staff were professional, lunch portions were big, food was hot and delicious. Sorry I was leaving that day!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were here on a Friday and as the restaurant was on the doorstep of the Hampton Inn decided to give it a try. It was very busy with live music on the terrace but as we were eating inside (it was very windy) the music did not get as far as us. It was very basic decor but served fresh fish dishes which were tasty and well presented. We tried Hush Puppies as we had never heard of them. Can't say I will be rushing to try them again either - deep fried corn bread with butter. We found the prices reasonable and enjoyed the view over the marshlands as we ate.

1  Thank yorkyld
Reviewed July 8, 2014

On Sunday evenings, there aren't many restaurants to choose from in this area. Since the Lands End is a short walk from our hotel, we decided to give them a try in spite of very mixed reviews...... The Lands End's location can't be beat; it offers a view of the low country marsh land that I always read about! Since we arrived early and were offered the "early bird" menu, we decided to take advantage of it's $11.00 price and smaller portions. We ordered "early bird" portions of the fresh catch, that came with hush puppies, fries (very mediocre), the fish, and about a tablespoon of a nice crispy slaw. With a wine for me and two beers for my husband, we were pleased with the meal and the price, and ready to leave. However, when our bill came we had been charged $20.00 @ for the entrees. When we reminded our waitress that we had ordered from the early bird menu, she conferred with the manager who offered to deduct $10.00 from our bill. We asked for the menu, and were given the early bird price instead, with an apology for the "misunderstanding". This was the waitresses first day, and she was very nice and tried hard, the atmosphere was really pleasant and a nice change from our mountain life, and the food fine. However, if they want to charge $20.00 for this meal, I would expect more than a token portion of slaw! We wondered if the manager knew what was on the early bird menu! I'd go back, but carefully watch the menu and the bill!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had stopped in for a late lunch and had a nice table overlooking the water. Several had the Shrimp & Grits Special, the She Crab Soup, New York Strip, Shrimp Salad and Flounder Platter along with Onion Rings and Hush Puppies as well as some beer and House Wine. With the exception of the Steak (over done and gristle), everything was very good. Service was good and our waitress, Gale, was very personable. Would go again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The best thing to be said about this restaurant is that it is just steps away from the Hampton Inn.
The service was indifferent, and the food very inconsistent. My husband had salmon cakes, that were just average, and Cajun grouper, which was not well prepared. I chose the pimento cheese stuffed chicken breast, because it was a novelty, but I should have skipped it, because the chicken (possibly frozen) was tough and dry. On the other hand, my sister in law had she-crab soup, which she enjoyed very much. The complimentary hush puppies or corn dodgers with honey butter were fine.