“Hate to Complain but”

Buzz's Roost
Ranked #20 of 73 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family Friendly Casual Water Front Dining! Large Flat Screen TV's Everywhere for your Sports Viewing! Seafood, Steaks, Sandwiches and so much more!!!
Surfside Beach
“Hate to Complain but”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

We were familiar with the waterfront area of Georgetown about our first visit to Buzz's Roost for our Saturday lunch out. I really mean my review to be constructive criticism for them to improve. First I like to have a Beer with lunch and they have a nice selection on their menu but no prices at all are listed. I asked the Server for prices and seemed surprised I would ask and didnt know. I dont mind paying for something but want to know what I am paying before buying. First she said drafts were $2.50 and then said no $3.00. We ordered to Shock Top Drafts and came in a small maybe 10oz Plastic Glasses. Had a very nice Fish Sandwich but here again the menu leaves you guessing what if anything comes with it. Server did know that it came with fries and pickle upon our asking but the menu should state. When our bill came, the Plastic Cup Drafts were charged at $3.50 each. Seemed like a rip-off to me. Anyway we tried Buzz's Roost but wouldnt go back. Hopefully for their sake they will improve these issues. At least put up a chalk board with beer prices and maybe even a Beer Special of the Day. Menu did say they have "PBR in Cans" but asked server what it cost and she didnt know. Most places along Murrells Inlet charge $1.25-$1.50 for these but who knows what they cost at Buss's.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Nice little inexpensive place to eat along the water”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

My partner and I came here to visit. We have eaten here twice for lunch and had similar experiences both times. This place is right along the water in georgetown so the view is very nice. The prices here are pretty reasonable. Our server was nice, definitely not a server you would see at a 5-star restaurant. She was just not very professional, but this isnt the type of place I would expect to see one. The food was okay. I ordered a burger and fries. There was nothing great about the meal, or nothing bad. Our server was always around when we needed her. Overall, we had a nice lunch.