“Ehh....”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Carolinian Inn

Carolinian Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Carolinian Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
“Ehh....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

So, my boyfriend and I needed a place to stay in Georgetown but everywhere within our budget was booked so we went here. The office is located in a beautiful building, however it does have a funny smell. The room had a musty smell but it was not overpowering. Only 1 lamp had a lightbulb in it. The sheets were clean, but that's about all. The room looked clean at a glance until my bloyfriend saw a dead spider on th floor and there was water in our ice bucket. Ice machine did not work. No wifi and could not find the pool. Fridge did not work and it took about 10 minutes for the water to get warm enough to shower. But overall, not too bad for only $65.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank amathers92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charleston, sc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

No phone in room, no radio, broken light cover above sink, NOT cleaned at all, except clean sheets on the bed. Never had been vacuumed at all, dusty furniture, greasy carpet, tons of dirt behind furniture and behind bed. Concrete floors on the outside absolutely DIRTY, chicken bones lying around for days. I realize a church is trying to repair the place, but it takes little time to clean the concrete on the outside and paint around doors and rails. They should only charge 40.00 nightly due to the terrible conditions of the place. Clerks had a NO-CARE attitude also!!!! But I could not get anywhere else to stay, so had to stay there during 4th of July 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ruplestiltskin1900
Sanford, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've stayed here for years and it has gradually gone down hill in appearance and amenities. New owners last year are trying to bring it back to the way it was in it's heyday. People were powerwashing outside ceilings and doors last year and got water in the cardkey locks. They still didn't work. Folks were working on them this week. Had to get someone from front office to let me back in the room when I returned from supper and lunch the next day.

Room Tip: downstairs if possible
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ralph L
Hendersonville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

I can honestly say that in all my 60 years I've never seen such a dump! We had to change rooms twice, as the card keys didn't work,. There were no towels except for a dirty hand towel, which we threw on the floor over a huge puddle of water in front of the refrigerator. ( which turned black) the bathroom was beyond horrid, the sheets were dirty, and the list goes on... Be Forewarned!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank sherko53
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

I went to the small city of Georgetown for business plans and stayed at the Carolinian Inn. The rates were awesome, only $50.00 a night. The customer service was warm and inviting. My room was immaculate. There were several places nearby for me to shop and eat. I recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ReyTakang
Conway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

This place and their staff were the best! The hotel is under new management and the owner is a non- profit organization that is working to provide safe affordable housing in this city. You have to stay here and hear the amazing story of how they accquired the property and all of the wonderful things they have planned. It felt good to know that my nights stay here would be helping to provide accsess to affordable housing for someone in need.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Trust me you do not want to stay here. We arrived late at night. The front desk person was pleasant but I should have know when I called to make sure our room would be held until we got there. He said he would check out room before we got there just to make sure the locks were working. He mentioned it over and over again. In retrospect I think he was trying to warn us. We checked in and went to our rooms. It was awful. No towels, dirt on the floor, smelled of smoke and some sort of chemical. Bathroom and sink were nasty. Only styrofoam cups in the room with no wrapping and looked they had been used. Called for another room and the desk told us he would be right up and did. He whispered that this was the best they had. I told him we were exhausted and would be checking out in the morning and wanted a refund. He looked around told us he didnt blame us and the refund was no problem. The rest of the night I watched the door and listened to all sorts of other guests in other rooms. In the morning early I walked around and in the light of day I could see the rest of the place. If it had been light I would have never stayed there at all. Called down for the coffee and breakfast adn was told there was none. But if I still had the cup in my room I could come down and make a pot. I asked about the wifi and was told it didnt work anywhere.

Whatever you do dont stay here. Run as fast as you can......

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rickyble
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
#1 of 6 in Pawleys Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,597 reviews

Been to Carolinian Inn? Share your experiences!