“hampton inn george town”

Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Georgetown
virginia beach, United States
“hampton inn george town”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel is very good for individuals who enjoy fishing.the boat ramp is close by they also have a dock right next to the hotel for individuals who might be boating off the coast and need a place to pull in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Georgetown, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Considering the particular area this is about the best that one will get for hotel accommodations. The rooms are modest but clean. The amenities are standard. The pricing is a bit much for the particular venue but overall it was satisfactory.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Georgetown I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I really appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Georgetown Marina as your hotel of choice.
Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Teri Holland
Omaha, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I like the location, the marina view was nice. wish there was more of a safer walking path around. the restaurant next door was recommended but I felt was overpriced and service wasn't great for me. Short drive to the historic district and to Pawley Island.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great location, excellent service, superb breakfast! I greatly recommend this hotel. Beds are comfortable, friendly and helpful service. I love the Hampton Inn brand where you always get what you expect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 455mial
Pineville, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Facility has great rooms and it was great hotel to stay in. Good Staff. Enjoyed my stay while working in the area. Good value for the money. I will use this facility again when I travel here. I have a monthly trip to Georgetown for my work. I would also recommend the hotel if I was traveling for personal/vacation trips. I believe my wife and family would enjoy the stay here as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Jim K
Cramerton, North Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was staying just one night, and made a last minute booking, so I didn't get the best choice of room. That said, this room should not even be available. I had room 113, ground floor next to the elevator. The noise from the elevator room is so loud, it's tough to even watch TV. That and their is zero sound insulation. I could hear people coming and going constantly, even my upstairs neighbor who apparently needed to flush the commode at least every 10 minutes. Needless to say i started the next day tired and cranky.
Onto cleanliness, the basics were covered, but only just. The air conditioning however was caked in mold (see picture), fortunately the weather is mild, so i shut it off and cracked the window to cold the room and get rid of the musty smell.
Staff seemed content in doing the minimum and weren't particularly friendly. The breakfast attendant was more interested in talking to her male friend, who was eating breakfast, and I don't think was a hotel guest. She flapped her gums the whole time I was there.
Next time I'm in town on business, I'll be sure to either stay elsewhere or in another town all together.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 113 like the plague. Get the top floor if possible, so you don't hear people...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Darren S
GeorgetownHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
A comfortable guest room and friendly service should be what you expect when staying with us and we appreciate your review regarding your stay. We have shared your feedback with our department heads and will work to improve our processes moving forward. We're also addressing the noise issues and starting with your room specifically. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we can invite you back for a quieter stay.

Kind regards,

Teri Holland
Southport, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great stay. First time at a Hampton Inn. Totally enjoyed our stay and would choose Hampton Inn again. I worked in the hotel industry for 10 years and value good prices and clean and safe environment wherever we stay. Your Inn met my expectations. Karen & Jeff Hunter

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Best Western Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
#3 of 6 in Pawleys Island

Been to Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina? Share your experiences!