“Very nice property on a great beach!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Garden City Beach
SurfMaster By The Sea
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice property on a great beach!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in 2011 in the first tower on the end, 601 maybe? Anyway, this was a well maintained and well appointed 3BR condo with a nice kitchen, dining area, living room, and beautiful ocean views from up high on the balcony. Garden City Realty handled the rental and were great to work with. Some people have posted saying negative things about cosmetic issues and maintenance issues but they often don't take into account that the building is on the beach and subject to Mother Nature's salty super-corrosive mist 365 days a year and oceanfront properties can take a beating. Overall we loved our stay, spent a lot of time at the Garden City Pier sipping drinks within beach walking distance. I would recommend this for anyone who loves the beach!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank J H

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I would probably give this place a Very Good rating except for one thing. It is advertised as a strictly non-smoking property, which is important to me due to my sinus problems, plus what non-smoker wants to smell someone's smoke all the time. A couple in the room one floor down from us was smoking on their balcony all the time, and the smoke just blew straight into our room through the open balcony doors. This meant we had to keep them closed whenever they were out there, which unfortunately was all the time in the evenings. So basically I paid for a beach side condo but couldn't enjoy the sounds and ambience of the beach and surf. I contacted the office and the lady there just told me that even though it is a non-smoking property they would not enforce it when someone was doing it on their balcony, even if it did bother others! It got so bad that I told them I wanted to check out so I could go somewhere else, but they refused to refund my money for the unused nights. Don't stay here if you are a non-smoker.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Steve C

Travelers are raving about these Garden City Beach hotels

Hammonton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is my review of the penthouse L at the Surfmaster by the Sea complex. Some of this review will be specific to penthouse L, and some of the review will be of the surfmaster complex in general.
I will start with reviewing the Surfmaster complex in general. Depending on who you rent your property through will determine your check in protocol. We used itrip so we picked our keys up off site and proceeded directly to our room. There is no front desk or lobby at Surfmaster rm 104 in the north building is used as an office for one of the real estate companies that rent out properties there, so if you use that real estate company you will probably check in there. Penthouse L is in the south tower so that is where we spent all of our time, my understanding is that each building is exactly like the other one. The complex in general is in good condition. Both towers have two elevators, and there was never a long wait for an elevator. There was enough luggage carts so we did not have a problem getting one for check in or out. The pool hours are from 9am till 11pm. There is no life guard. It is a very short walk to the beach. Surfmaster sits in between the Surfside and Garden City piers, it is about a mile walk to each one. When parking at Surmaster there is an upper and lower part of the parking garage. Clearance for the lower part is 7ft. Our minivan with a cargo container on top did not fit on lower part of garage, so my advice for anyone with a cargo container is to go right up to second level which is open and has no limit. I really have no complaints about the surfmaster complex we had a great time and would definitely go again.
The rest of this review will be specific to penthouse L. Each condo is individually owned so what you see in your condo will be different than what was in mine, so plan accordingly. Penthouse L was beautiful the view was outstanding and the pictures and video found on http://www.surfmasterbythesea.com/tour.htm were accurate. There were 3 king beds a pull out couch and two roll away cots. The appliances looked old but worked well. When we arrive the refrigerator was turned off, it took 24hrs for it to get cold again. Hopefully they won’t turn it off for your stay but just know it may take a while for you fridge to reach temperature. My only minor complaint was with the air conditioning. The air conditioning kept the main parts of the condo plenty cold enough, but the bedrooms remained warmer. By no means was it hot, but I would have liked it colder. There were 2 box fans for use where ever you like and ceiling fans throughout the condo. There is pots and pans and a griddle for pancakes or burgers. In one of the closets there are some beach toys and 2 boogie boards. Overall this was a great vacation, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank mrweissm
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I could look past the torn wallpaper, the dirty living room couch. It was all about the view. When we stepped out onto the huge balcony with breath taking views we were shocked to find a missing railing. We were 10 floors up and the management thought it sufficient to tie a black trash bag to close the gap. We had brought our 2 year old grand daughter and I could not relax the entire trip. She was never allowed to walk over to that part of the balcony, but still it simply made me sick to think anyone would rent a unit 10 floors up with a hefty bag securing a gap large enough for a child to slip through!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Tracy M
charlotte,nc
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Upon reading other people's negative reviews, I don't know what you are looking for. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here from May 18 to May 25. Our unit was clean and everything worked. Yes, it needs some updating but then so does my house. These units are used regularly and it seems that some people don't respect other's belongings. I would stay in this unit again. It is quiet and the view is spectacular.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank telecomnc
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was our first time at Surfmaster 301 and it will be our last . The location is great , but this unit is a disaster and in need of a complete make over .When we checked in the kitchen was filthy and took a complete morning to clean. The rest of the day was spent cleaning the caked on dirt on the rest of the unit. The toilet bowls were clean on the inside but the bases hadn't been cleaned in months. The bathroom floor tiles are cracked and the tubs are beyond cleaning. The faucets are starting to deteriorate in all the bathrooms.
The stucco is falling off the ceiling in spots and the air ducts haven't been cleaned in years. The backsplash tiles are missing in the kitchen and the painted over wallpaper is separating from the walls in the bedrooms . The stove , dishwasher , and the audio video equipment are ancient with one remote held together with scotch tape.
All of the walls and doors are badly marked and in need of painting. The living area furniture is just plain dirty. Upon check in we discovered that the garbage disposal didn't work , an outlet cover was missing in one bedroom and a kitchen outlet was pulling away from the wall . These problems were quickly rectified by our rental company.
Overall a real disappointment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Don J
Timonium, MD
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the fourth time we have managed to stay at #711 over the last 8 years in Garden City Beach. This has got to be one of the nicest and most well-kept condos on the Grand Strand. The owners have kept the furniture and appliances updated over the years. The decorations and all the little details have been kept up as well. The kitchen is well stocked with all the utensils and dishes you would need. The cleaning people did an excellent job. This condo just generally exhibits real pride of ownership. The building and pool areas seem to be much better maintained than previous years, probably due to new management, but we only saw security guards once. Security is not much of an issue here but, someone did have the seat stolen off their bike that was chained outside. Garden City Realty, the agent, was as helpful and efficient as always. Overall, this was an excellent stay due, in large part, to the quality of #711.

Room Tip: Garden City Realty is the agent for most of the Surfmaster condos. They have virtual tours on their...