“Quick service for lunch”
Review of Conch Cafe

Conch Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Canton, North Carolina, United States
“Quick service for lunch”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We love ordering lunch from Conch Cafe and eating on the beach. Such a beautiful view and service is quick when it's not too busy. Keep in mind that this is one of the only beachfront dining choices so don't be surprised if it suddenly becomes packed. Portion size was more than enough and all was fresh. Most kids meals are 6 and under so great price. Lots of fish choices (obviously). Great bar there as well!

Waterbury, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great view, good food, poor service”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

As everyone notes, the view is fantastic. The food was good, but as others have mentioned, lots of fried stuff.

The service...Our salads, appetizers, and meals were all served at the same time. The waitress was less than friendly, and I felt like they were trying to rush us. Not even an apology for serving everything together.

I won't return.

1 Thank Sean237
Lake Wales, Florida
“Very nice outside dining”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We sat outside on the porch overlooking the beach and ocean. It was a beautiful summer evening. The she crab soup was excellent; it was an overall enjoyable evening and the service was excellent.

United States
“Good food. Loud atmosphere”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I had the blackened ribeye and shrimp. I ordered the steak medium well and it was slightly overlooked, but that's ok with me because I like my steaks well too. The taste was good, and like most blackened dishes it could have used less salt. The shrimp were delicious. I'm not a big seafood eater, yet I wanted more shrimp. They are very lightly battered and very lightly fried. The seasoning was perfect. Probably the best fried shrimp I've ever had. My wife agreed, and she's a huge seafood fan. Wife had the crab cake and shrimp and they were both great.

My only real complaint about this place is how loud it is, both inside and out on the deck. The music was too loud and there were too many people. Having the beach view at least helps take your mind off of the noise a bit. This is a problem in a lot of places, and isn't unique to here. I'd eat here again, but I'd probably request a table on the deck.

Austin
“Great local joint on the water!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

In town with family and this is one of their favorite places to go. We stopped in for dinner and it didn't disappoint. It's a local place and not super fancy, but the view is fabulous and the seafood is super fresh. We all had the small seafood sampler ($16) - your choice of one or two - fried shrimp, flounder, or oysters. We all had some combinations of everything. It was all so delicious. And so close to our house that we could drive there on our golf cart. We will definitely be going back again!

Visited July 2014