“Played the Executive Course and the Putt Putt Course”

Tupelo Bay Golf Center
Reviewed September 4, 2013

On a hot mugging nut played the Putt Putt course, the staff was pleasant and the course was something different -- great for all ages.

Next day played the Executive 18 hole course, the greens were dried out and hard. They had recently aerated the greens which made the greens even tougher to play. Pay the same green fees that I played as a full size course. Would try this course again, only at a different time.

There are newer reviews for Tupelo Bay Golf Center

Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you're doing the whole Myrtle Beach thing with fellow travelers that don't golf, this is a great place as it is less expensive (though only marginally if you have access to one of the many golf discounters at many resorts) and takes less time to play. The par 58 executive course is shorter than similar executive tracks I've played, but since I am not a big hitter it was still enjoyable. The par three is a dedicated pitch and putt with the longest hole being only about 110 yards. That's wedge work for me, so I did not play it, but walked the executive course twice ($25, coupons only apply to cart rate which would be $35). It's a nice course to walk, with good conditions, though there had been a lot of rain the week I was there. My girls bailed on me, so I played once along, once with my nephew, and enjoyed it both times (though I completely sucked the first time though: my fault, not the course)

One note, they advertise the executive course as lighted, but only the back nine are lit, and the par fours don't have enough lighting in the fairways. I pushed a ball slightly left in the rough, saw where it went, but since there was no light over there, could not find it, and it was an area of the course I had played the day before that is open. That is the reason my review is very good and not excellent.

Just remember, par 58, so it's short and many players would not need driver ever.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Nice Driving range, Great Par 3, Challenging Executive Course.
The driving range is very well kept and the staff is awesome

1  Thank waynelauld
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a total golf facility, offering a practice range, putting green, par 3 course, executive course, and mini golf. I practice here regularly. The range is very nice, with artificial tees as well as grass. It has lighting also. Staff pros often walk by and offer advice. The executive course is in beautiful condition, better than many of the big courses. It offers some challenging par 4 holes. Greens are slower than big courses but very well maintained. The par 3 nine hole layout is as well kept as the 18 hole executive. There is a good sized practice green with chipping area and small sand trap. The mini golf course is one of the better ones in this neighborhood. I think the fee for the executive course is a bit high, about the same as a full sized course. The mini golf is much higher than nearby courses. That being said the course condition is always outstanding. Prices vary by season and they have a great locals program. This is a great place to fine tune your game between rounds at the area's big courses.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

They have a Par 58 course and a Par 3 course. We had never played there before and thought we would give it a try. The price was pretty good also. It is just a short drive from Myrtle Beach. Located right at the Surfside Beach/Garden City Beach city limits on Highway 17 Business south.