“Who would have thought? Awsome!”

Grilled Cheese & Crab Cake Co
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are located in The Oasis Plaza at 2520 17 Business South in Garden City S.C. We offer a cozy atmosphere with friendly smiles and great food! Our staff is here to please and make everyone feel welcome, so we hope to see some new faces and to all our loyal repeat customers can not wait to prepare some new and exciting sandwiches for you!
oklahoma
“Who would have thought? Awsome!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Who would have thought a grilled cheese with a crab cake would be fit to eat? Wow it was awesome! Never had anything quite like it but will be back for more next time we are here. My wife had the grilled cheese with a fried lobster tail on it and it was just as good. I've been telling all my friends of this place. Debbie our waitress was great too, she really cared about making us happy and making sure we had a good experience. The place is very small and but again it gives you a little more of the personnel experience while enjoying this food. Definetly worth a drive down from myrtle beach to eat at this place.

• Visited March 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best kept secrets on The Strand.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Having discovered the Grilled Cheese & Crabcake Co. last year, I was resolved to get back at the first opportunity. My first time there I enjoyed their signature sandwich, the Crabmelt, and a bowl of the tomato soup. One of the best meals I've ever had. The Crabmelt consists of a VERY large crabcake and slice of tomato nestled between two slices of Texas Toast with Monterrey Jack, and is grilled. It doesn't get much better. I wanted to try something different this time and opted for the Clam Roll. I was not disappointed. This sandwich is a toasted New England style roll that is absolutely stuffed with Ipswich belly clams, which are lightly dusted with flour then deep dried to a golden brown. This was one of the best sandwiches that I've ever had. My dining companion and I split a basket of the Old Bay Fries, which I found very enjoyable.

The dining room is small, seating only in the neighborhood of 30, which may be generous. When the weather is good, there are 3-4 tables outside. My server was the same one who took care of me last year, and is very nice.

My one complaint is that when the place was very busy, it was difficult for our one and only server to keep track of everything and get orders outin a quicker manner. In her defense, she was trying to keep up with the pace, but they really could have used a second server at peak times. If not for that, the restaurant would receive my highest ranking.

That said, I'm still very enthusiastic about this restaurant and look forward to hitting them again when I return in June. The next victim will be the French Fried Lobster Roll.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Greg F
Greenville, South Carolina
“Wow!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The crab cakes are amazing, service is great. Just a small restaurant in a strip mall. Wish the ambiance was better, but loved the food and service!

• Visited March 2014
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Good food”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Been here several times, food is always good, love the crabmelt and the cajun fires. The service at times isn't amazing but as a small restaurant I guess that is to be expected. For a kinds of fast food at a slower pace head here for a great sandwich and some fries mmm.

• Visited August 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Food!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a such great resturant with fantastic service and AMAZING food! I have dined here on on a few occasions.

I have had the "Fried Chicken Grilled Cheese" and I have also had the "Bacon Grilled Cheese" along with the "Regular Fries", "Cajun Fries" and the "Old Bay Fries" and EVERYTHING has been absolutely delicious!

If you are ever in the area you must visit and try some of their great food!!!

• Visited February 2014