“My new favorite lunch spot”

Grilled Cheese & Crab Cake Co
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are located in The Oasis Plaza at 2520 17 Business South in Garden City S.C. We offer a cozy atmosphere with friendly smiles and great food! Our staff is here to please and make everyone feel welcome, so we hope to see some new faces and to all our loyal repeat customers can not wait to prepare some new and exciting sandwiches for you!
“My new favorite lunch spot”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Sooo yummy. The crab cakes were delicious. Clean place with good service. A true gem. My son was skeptical at first as he is not a lover of crab cakes but zeroed in on the grilled cheese with bacon. He ate every bite and loved it. Will definitely return on our next trip to town.

Visited July 2013

Virginia
“Wow!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friend and I were on vacation and driving on 17 when we noticed this place in a strip mall. Grilled cheese and crabcakes, two of my favorite foods! We decided to eat a late lunch, early dinner there the following day.

The place was small and every table was filled. We waited a short time for a seat. There was a sign on the front counter for "Help Wanted". There was only one server. I felt sorry for the poor girl. She had a packed house and was the only person available to take orders, fill drinks, and even run the cash register. We weren't in a hurry so it didn't really bother us. Plus, it wasn't her fault they were short handed.

My friend and I decided to split their specialty, the grilled cheese/crabcake sandwich, a basket of fries, and the onion rings. I am so glad we split the meal. The sandwich was huge and so rich, but oh, so good. Divine actually. Sinful, I am sure. I could feel my arteries hardening with every bite but it was definitely worth it. Who would have thought that combining a grilled cheese with a crabcake would work so well?

The onion rings were huge and perfectly cooked. The french fries were good but I preferred the onion rings.

The prices were very reasonable.

It has been almost a week and I can't stop thinking about how good the sandwich was. Luckily, I am heading back to Garden City in a couple of months and can visit again!

• Visited June 2013
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Doesn't sound as good as it really is. Big portions, but don't go there on a diet unless you want a fabulous salad.... Other food is rich and mouth-watering....

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Daletona98
“Delicious and unique”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family greatly enjoyed eating here on our vacation. My husband had the buffalo chicken grilled cheese and I had the grilled cheese with bacon- both we're excellent! I also had the sweet potato fries, which are waffle fries and delicious. My husband had the crab balls which he liked very much. We had very friendly service and the restaurant appeared clean and neat. Overall, we were very pleased and highly recommend eating here.

• Visited June 2013
Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
“Staff and food were fabulous!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on 05/04/2013. I had communicated with someone on their Facebook page about the availability of their red jalapeno popper grilled cheese a few days prior, as it wasn't listed on their menu but was a featured item that my husband wanted to try. We were assured that they still had them and they were happy to see us on Saturday. When we got there, we were sad to hear that the red pepper was all gone but after talking to our waitress a bit we were elated to find out that whoever was in charge saved the last one just for us! It was very sweet of them and completely unexpected. Our waitress, Debbie, was great. Very sweet and friendly. My husband had the spicy red jalapeno popper grilled cheese and I had the crab melt. Both were delicious. The cheese stayed ooey and gooey throughout the entire meal. We also had the coleslaw as a side and it was just as good as my mom makes it, so I was very pleased. We would have loved to try other sandwiches on the menu, but unfortunately one sandwich was definitely more than enough to make us feel full. My husband and I will definitely return on our subsequent MB trips.

• Visited May 2013