“Staff and food were fabulous!”

Grilled Cheese & Crab Cake Co
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are located in The Oasis Plaza at 2520 17 Business South in Garden City S.C. We offer a cozy atmosphere with friendly smiles and great food! Our staff is here to please and make everyone feel welcome, so we hope to see some new faces and to all our loyal repeat customers can not wait to prepare some new and exciting sandwiches for you!
Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
“Staff and food were fabulous!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on 05/04/2013. I had communicated with someone on their Facebook page about the availability of their red jalapeno popper grilled cheese a few days prior, as it wasn't listed on their menu but was a featured item that my husband wanted to try. We were assured that they still had them and they were happy to see us on Saturday. When we got there, we were sad to hear that the red pepper was all gone but after talking to our waitress a bit we were elated to find out that whoever was in charge saved the last one just for us! It was very sweet of them and completely unexpected. Our waitress, Debbie, was great. Very sweet and friendly. My husband had the spicy red jalapeno popper grilled cheese and I had the crab melt. Both were delicious. The cheese stayed ooey and gooey throughout the entire meal. We also had the coleslaw as a side and it was just as good as my mom makes it, so I was very pleased. We would have loved to try other sandwiches on the menu, but unfortunately one sandwich was definitely more than enough to make us feel full. My husband and I will definitely return on our subsequent MB trips.

• Visited May 2013

Franklinton, NC
“We Couldn't Believe How Delicious It Was.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had read about it on the Internet and looked at the pictures on Facebook. So we tried it on Saturday, April 27th for lunch. We ate outside and Debby was our waitress. We had grilled cheese and crab cake sandwiches, an order of old Bay fries to share, and unsweetened ice tea. Perfect! The crab cakes in the sandwiches were wonderfully seasoned, meaty with no shell or breading and the sliced tomatoes and melted mozzarella made them even better.

We will return there whenever we are anywhere near MB!

Visited April 2013
“Fast, friendly service and great food!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I will be going back here. Lots of different types of grilled cheese sandwiches made on texas toast. I got the fried oyster grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of crab soup. Excellent crab soup. Nice and creamy. The oysters in the sandwich were tender and juicy. My husband got a buffalo chicken grilled cheese and an order of fries. Outdoor seating is available but we sat inside. Dining room is not very large. Nice big,clean restroom. The restaurant was clean. I had lemondade and it tasted homemade. The tea is not fresh brewed but out of a dispenser. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. I will try the crab cakes when I go back. Worth the trip!

• Visited April 2013
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Bad taste after great meal”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a late lunch this afternoon and wanted to try something different. Grilled Cheese & Crab Cake Co. is a little hole in the wall in a strip mall off of Kings Hwy. It's small, but very clean and cozy inside. Service was excellent. Food was really good - we sampled the old fashioned tomato soup (it's chunky with a hint of parm cheese), the cream of crab soup - both delicious. Also had the crab ball basket, the onion rings (HUGE and good - batter could use a hint more seasoning) a french fried lobster tail grilled cheese, and homemade cole slaw. Everything was amazing! Probably the best lunch we've had in the area in years.

Our disappointment came with the check. On the menu, there is a line stating 'menu and prices subject to change without notice'. I saw this when we ordered and thought it a bit odd. Upon receipt of the bill, NOTHING was as it was priced on the menu - everything was higher by at least a dollar. I didn't say anything to the server, as she was a young girl and I realize that she doesn't control the prices BUT she could have mentioned that NOTHING was priced correctly - our lunch bill with 2 soft drinks came to $48 before tip. Again, the food was delicious, and the correct prices on the menu would not have deterred us from ordering, I just found it EXTREMELY shady that their menu isn't represented honestly. I felt a bit taken advantage of.

As delicious as the food was, we will never return and I will advise others not to try it. I detest dishonesty, and I feel that the pricing is misrepresented intentionally.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Cherrytat
Syracuse, New York
“Powerful treat”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The sandwiches are one of a kind- seafood combined with hearty melted cheese grilled to perfection. This was our 2nd visit we were not disappointed . The onion rings, seemed to be ordered by every party , were hand battered and full of onion.

One of a kind special treat.

• Visited February 2013