“Great food, great prices but has some issues”

Greg's Cabana Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went here a couple times during our vacation. The burgers and ribs were absolutely fantastic. My husband enjoyed the $1.80 Yeingling on tap. We brought our kids and I would just probably not do that again as you can still smoke in the place and it was not really a great environment for small children. We went back later in the week with just the adults and enjoyed a few drinks. They were understaffed both times but we didn't mind the wait so it was fine. Finding parking is a hassle as well...

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Greg's is a great local hang out. The place is packed on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the rib specials (full and half slabs with fries and cole slaw). I think the full rack was around $12. Nothing better than good ribs (wet) and cold beer. One-half of the place is smoking and the other half is well almost not! I'm going back every time I can!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

A little neighborhood place with great food, great prices, no ambiance and no attitude. Specials each day; Monday it's a cheeseburger and fries, Tuesdays and Thursdays it's ribs. The crowd are mostly down home types who know a GREAT deal so the place can be packed with a considerable wait for your food, but then again, you can't rush fine cuisine and the cooks continually hustle. Despite what others say, I have never had them run out of the special or cut corners on the meal when it's the daily special, however on St Patrick's Day the special is corned beef and cabbage no matter what day of the week it is! Service can be a little abrupt, but when you're working at the pace these folks do it's completely understandable and acceptable.

Their tossed salads are surprisingly good and you can have one instead of fries for a $1 more, if they remember to charge you. They recently spruced up the out door seating area, but it's still unrefined early parking lot. Parking can be crowded along the road so drive into the adjacent big box store and park there and take the very nice walkway to Gregg's. There are numerous places nearby with higher prices and lesser food, so if you're a whiner or just down right difficult, please try one and let those of us who know a good deal have a seat.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Went here last night on a recommendation from a family member for their $11.95 rib dinner. Parking is tough as they are limited on spots and you are forced to park right along the main highway. Upon entering, the place was busy with lots of people and lot of tables that needed to be bused. We sat at the bar and waited to be served...and waited. A bartender looked at us after a few minutes but said nothing as she continued to wash glasses. When she was finished, she walked by us, no word, and assisted a couple of the local diners with refills of their cocktails. Walked by again, not a word. Eventually another bartender(there were 3 behind the bar at times) assisted us with a pitcher of beer. I asked for her to clean the bar top with a damp cloth when she had a chance as it was dirty and sticky. She returned in a few minutes and dropped the cloth off for me, the guest, to wipe the counter off. So, like a good boy, I did this. We noticed others coming in and waiting for some time to even get acknowledged. So, the good news, is we weren't that special as others were ignored as well. About forty minutes went by and the majority of the unbused tables were still in the same state. Add in the fact that we were never asked if we wanted to see a menu and we were off those bar stools like a dress on prom night. Sorry, too many choices in town.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We ate here last year and couldn't remember the name of it....we drove down highway 17 to find it tonite. First let me say, our bill was $84.00 and change. There were 6 of us, 4 pops a beer and a healthy pour of wine. Crab dip, 4 burgers, a slab of ribs and a chicken finger dinner. The burgers were cooked to order....perfectly. Ribs, tender and juicy. Server was a sweetheart! This is a local dive bar restaurant.....don't let the look scare you away.....full of locals. Half the restaurant is smoking and the other half isn't. While we waited, we went to the bar to have a cigarette and a local guy started talking to us. We will go back this week. Thanks for a great meal!! I only gave a 3 for special occasions and familys as some familys with kids, wouldn't stop there and it really isn't for special occasions. but for great food.....I wish I could give it more than 5!