All reviews beach access parking spaces are tight great family vacation a great place to stay bedroom unit development appliances couch linens units necessities carpeting fall pier owner
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We loved our experience! We are a family of 6 and the 2 bedroom condo fit us just fine (there is also a pull out sleeper couch in the living room). The very large dining room table made it very easy to eat meals in the room. Very well stocked (although I wished on several occasions that I had a non stick skillet, but that is poor planning on my part). The biggest pro by far is the washer and dryer in the bathroom, made packing much easier!! The only con we had was parking was extremely tight and our SUV barely fit. Once we got into a space, it was very difficult to open the doors because of the beams...it was quite the process but luckily we didn't leave much! Definitely a great place to stay though at a great price! If we're ever back in the area, we'll definitely stay here again!!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Well, if you've been following me, you know that my friends and I take a girl's trip each year. This year, since we were attending our class reunion in Charlotte, we decided to keep things simple and continue on down to Myrtle Beach to continue our celebration and fun. Sandy Shores III was our home base for the week.

Here's what I liked about the property: it is located right across the street from the beach and the beach access is right there. It is very near everything you would need on Hwy 17. It accommodated the six of us adequately.

Here are my issues with this property. The parking spaces are tight, so be ready to maneuver to get your car in place. The unit we stayed in had three bedrooms, I ended up in what I would regard as the children's room. It is a small room with twin beds. This room lacked a lamp on the night stand, so if light was needed in the night, you had to get out of bed to turn on the ceiling light (that was a pain). This room had a TV mounted to the wall, however, it was not connected to the cable so it never worked. Management was called twice to come and take care of the problem and they never showed up. So there was no TV watching during my week's stay. We all look forward to laying in bed a watching a little TV while on vacation, if only the news, well, that wasn't my experience.

Btw, the unit had 4 TVs but only 2 worked. The TV in the living room area, worked the day we got there, but then went out the next morning, management was called about that TV as well and no one ever showed up.

I was appalled on our last day when a maintenance man use his key to enter our unit without knocking. Stating that since one of our vehicles had left, he thought we all were gone. That was no excuse, you ALWAYS knock before entering a unit, especially if it is before checkout time, which this was! I'll be having a conversation with management about that soon.

So, to sum up, I am not a fan of Sandy Shores III. It will meet your lodging needs; just don't expect much from management if you have a problem. Would I stay there again, probably not!

Date of stay: May 2018
3  Thank Rita M
Reviewed February 16, 2018

The unit was clean and stocked with all the necessities, including a secure internet router. The office staff was very helpful and professional. Some of the carpet inside the unit was wrinkled and one had to take care not to trip. The exterior walkway carpet was also wrinkled but it appears as if it is to be soon replaced. There are no views to speak of from the unit, but the unit is very close to the beach and provides a quick and easy access.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
Reviewed November 6, 2017

As retirees we travel in the off season and this resort was great....quiet and just across the street from thr beach. The one bedroom unit was clean and well stocked, and the one drawback is there was only a couch and no other chair except dining chairs. The queen bed was nicely done in hotel linens and a good mattress...the laundry was a bonus in the closet. Pack light...there are alot of steps to the second floor units.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

The rooms were nice & clean, the pool was token care of! We had a blast it’s in the middle of everything! We LOVED sandy shores! Would rate 5 but it’s hard to find your parking spade & our washer quit working.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexie D