“Nothing Special”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had hot dogs and chili dogs. Average at best. Quick in and out is the most positive aspect. We both felt the portions were small as the dog disappeared into the bun.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was driving from Charleston to Myrtle Beach and wanted to eat before 11:30AM to avoid the lunch crunch. Timing ruled out the Seewee in Awendaw and the Mc Clellandville Cafe (?) in Mc Clellandville.
Over the years (since Hugo), I wanted to eat at the Sam's in N Myrtle Beach, but things never worked out. So when I saw this place at 11:20, I saw my chance. When I walked into the place I WAS the only customer, (clue), however since this place is in a semi-rural area, I wasn't surprised. I wasn't really hungry, so I got the standard dog, (here it's with chili, mustard, and onions). By the time I washed my hands, my dog was ready. It was a standard dog with chili that may, or not come out of a can, but was every bit as good as the standard chili dog at my home stand,( Dog et All, in TLH). After getting my dog, I saw,( and photographed), rows and rows of liquor mini bottles ,( a left over of SC's old liquor laws, and UNHEARD of in a FL hot dog stand / house). It was a good ( which means NOT a gourmet ) dog!
Now as far far as the previous cleanliness complaints. I don't know if it was a reaction from complaints or the local health department's job. I ( as a 12yr former paramedic, and a 21 yr patrol cop didn't see ANYTHING, like some of the [local] 4 star kitchens at the end of a busy shift ,( which is WHY customers can't SEE the kitchen.

As far as the previous complaints about cleanliness,

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We eat there occasionally, and I love their footlong's and cheese fries. The place has a great view of the pier and of Garden City. The only problem I have is there are always dead insects on the windows and I'm sure that means they are everywhere else too. If they would just clean the place up, it would be 100% better.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The place was dirty and looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time. There were flies (dead and alive) in the windows and dirt was built up along the walls. The food was just OK. I had a fried bologna sandwich which I ate because I was starved, otherwise, it only had about a half-piece of bologna on it and mostly it was bread! They say their hot dogs are the best but the hot dogs I saw on the grill were literally swiveled up and looked like they had been there for awhile. Yuk! Other travelers in my party had different opinions and enjoyed their sandwiches - I guess it's only in how you judge it yourself.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have been going to Sams Corner, Garden City for over 30 years. I love its history, but have come to realize that this location should be shut down by the department of health until they clean it up. I am a 30 military guy and have been use to eating in field conditions, but this place is dirty. The owners sat around at the end of the counter everytime I am there drinking beer. They look tired and not into the business anymore. This place needs to be closed for a month and be remodeled and remarketed. They have gotten too expensive. Where do they get those little bitty foot long weenies, and they charge 1.89 for drinks in a 12 oz cup with lots of ice and still charge for a refill. After 34 years, I am breaking my tradition till they clean it up and hire cleaner folks to work the counter. There is no way this place can pass a health inspection.