“Just normal!”
Review of Squids Restaurant

Squids Restaurant
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Not crowded for dinner. Food just ok. Did not think fried oysters were good. May be a better choice for lunch.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 30, 2018

My wife and I were looking for someplace to have a nice dinner. Having seen the good reviews for this place, we decided to give it a try. Sad, to say, I feel the reviews were way off. It started off with our waitress being very frazzled. The place was busy, but not what I would consider overly so for prime vacation season. My wife ordered tuna nachos with tuna medium rare and I ordered the seared tuna platter, with the tuna medium rare. The platter was supposed to come with veggies and baked potato.
It took us about an hour before we got our meal. When we finally did, my wife's tuna was well done. She ended up just eating the chips. While my tuna was medium rare, I was brought the appetizer portion and a baked potato on the side....no veggies. By the time our waitress returned we had already been there for long enough and decided to just finish up an leave. All in all it turned into a very disappointing 2 hour meal. I have to disagree with these other reviews and recommend trying one of the many other very good restaurants in the area.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We have had breakfast here a few times at different times of the year and never disappointed! We get the crab cake benedict and grits or the breakfast burrito which are amazing! We have had the same 2 waitresses and they are always friendly and provide great service! We have not tried lunch or dinner there yet.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We split the "blackend" fish tacos --- simple dish yet great flavor and good service too. I had a Mich Ultra and she had the Mimosa special. Sat in the open air 'front porch' area and watched folks walk by...perfect spot for a low key lunch.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We are locals and decided to try out squids. Cute little restaurant on the strip by the garden city pier. Only two waitresses that could not handle the people attempting to dine there. Our waitress neglected to tell us there were specials. We ordered the corn chowder that never arrived. The fish tacos were a naked joke. Crab cakes were ok. Seems to me they were short staffed in the front and in the kitchen. Too many other options available here to enjoy. Will not go back .